Rihanna wants U2 duet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't be happy with a Rhianna/Bono duet. Especially not after her latest mishap. I hope U2 stays awar from rap and hip hop and remains true to their own sound which has done well for them all these years.

Rihanna is physically talented if nothing else....:drool:

No, but forget who might be "technically" a more capable singer. That means bollocks to me. Who's vocal would I rather hear, and I'd take Rihanna's vocal over a Winehouse, or a Mary J Bludge anyday.....her voal does a lot for me.

Alright, R&B.... and by the way it has nothing to do with the color of her skin at all please don't make me say what I didn't.

I just dislike the music, it could be either Rap, Hip hop or R&B. I'm narrow minded regarding music and I admit it. :reject:

I wouldn't be happy with a Rhianna/Bono duet. Especially not after her latest mishap. I hope U2 stays awar from rap and hip hop and remains true to their own sound which has done well for them all these years.

So because she got a domestic beating U2 should stay away from her? Good grief!

Btw, she's not rap or hip hop. She's pop. And U2 has been using hip hop influences since at least 1991. Take a listen to the rhythm section in Until The End of The World again. It's VERY derivative.

Okay, fair enough, but why would it have any bearing on whether or not she should do a duet with Bono?

I don't care if you think the idea in and of itself is a bad idea, but you said "especially after this mishap."

Jesus Christ. It's Valentine's Day so I'll be charitable.

And a Happy February the 17th to you sir :wave:

Pop has not 'become to mean popular music'. It always was by very definition, music that was at the top of the popular music charts. End of story.

Ok we will never agree on this matter. Clearly we are both stubborn/strong willed people, so can we agree to disagree?

There's a difference between Rihanna and Amy Winehouse?? Oh, where to go with this one...I agree: one can actually sing and hasn't spent any time in rehab and the other one will be off our collective radar's in about another year or two. God your examples get more and more ludicrous!

This confused me. When you said one of them can actually sing has never been to rehab, you are referring to Rihanna and you don't think Amy can sing. Now you are going against how much her voice is revered over here by critics, jazz fans and even the likes of Tina Turner, Alicia Keys and Jay Z.

Over the past 5 years or so Britain has produced a number female singers who are very talented vocally. I will name a few: Duffy, Adel, Jamelia, Natasha Beddingfield, Leona Lewis, Alexandra, Kate Nash, Lilly Allen, Katie Malua and my favorite followed by Adel: Joss Stone (even though you hate her also). Amy is defenetly up there, and is even the favourite singer in many people's minds. Now I've come to realize recently that just because you have a great/distinctive voice doesn't mean that you can sing. I've heard many people say that Duffy is a terrible singer who warbles, but her voice is far more distinctive and soulful than Natasha Beddingfield who I think has an average voice but is apparantely a fantastic singer. There are a lot of singers out there who can't sing. Even though I love her I don't think Shakira can sing. But Amy is someone who not only has a unique voice but can sing. She won a scholorship for the Silvia Young stage school in London and Ms Young said that even at the age of 11 she was a had a natural feel for melody. Now I actually do think Rihanna can sing and she has a kinda distinctive voice. But she's no comparison to Amy. She doesn't even write her own songs.

OMFG stop the presses. You know a mid 90s trip hop club song and you own Eminem's greatest hits. Clearly, I was so wrong about your vast knowledge of hip hop. Good grief, my 13 yr old knows about 1000X more classic hip hop (and I would bet, rock, soul, house and everything in between) than you do :rolleyes:

I never proclaimed to have a knowledge of hip-hop. I don't a bloody damn about it. It's a load of old cobblers to my ears. But I do listen to jazz, rock, country, soul, gospal, reggae and the occasional pop album. But Hip Hop isn't real music.

I never proclaimed to have a knowledge of hip-hop. I don't a bloody damn about it. It's a load of old cobblers to my ears. But I do listen to jazz, rock, country, soul, gospal, reggae and the occasional pop album. But Hip Hop isn't real music.

I'd be willing to bet you know little, if any, real soul, gospel or reggae.

We can't agree to disagree. People who do that are usually two people who realize that both have somewhat valid opinions that fall somewhere in the realm of taste and subjectivity. Your opinions fall into neither category, they're just out and out foolishness, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom