Rihanna wants U2 duet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like Rihanna, I find her music completely boring, but if Bono wants to sing with her...I don't have to listen to it. Just like I don't have to listen to any of the other duets he's done over the years.

So far the female singers were good, even if you didn't like the new One or Don't give up or American prayer. U2/Bono could do a lot worse than Beyonce/Mary J Blige/Alicia Keys. (and lest we forget Sinead)

I don't care for Beyonce, Mary OR Alicia but Rihanna I like. I don't know...she has something.

I hate it when they are involved with some R&B or Hip Hop or another mainstream shit artist. Why not to do something with someone closer to their sound...

It would take U2 (or at least Bono) back to a place they haven't been to in a while- the dancefloor. If its ironic and postmodern, it might work very well.

It would take U2 (or at least Bono) back to a place they haven't been to in a while- the dancefloor. If its ironic and postmodern, it might work very well.

Just imagine if Bono was a guest vocalist on a track that then became as huge a dancefloor hit as 'Umbrella', it could completely alter the public perception of him, or at least cut some of the slack amongst younger music fans.

What the hell is wrong with Rihanna. Not only is she stunningly gorgeous, but her songs have real power, and have been highlights at countless clubs for the past year or so. Dancefloors always goes off when Disturbia or Please Don't Stop The Music are played. Even the elites at Pitchfork acknowledge her last album as quality.

"A pal of Rihanna's" said, "It would be great for Bono to reach out to a younger market through Rihanna and everyone thinks they would make a great team."

Later in the article, "A source close to Bono" says, "It would be great for Bono to reach out to a younger market through Rihanna and everyone thinks they would make a great team. They're going to meet soon."

Wow, Rihanna's friend and the Bono source said exactly the same sentence! What are the odds?

:|

"A pal of Rihanna's" said, "It would be great for Bono to reach out to a younger market through Rihanna and everyone thinks they would make a great team."

Later in the article, "A source close to Bono" says, "It would be great for Bono to reach out to a younger market through Rihanna and everyone thinks they would make a great team. They're going to meet soon."

Wow, Rihanna's friend and the Bono source said exactly the same sentence! What are the odds?

:|

Great minds think exactly alike!

I like Rihanna...

But what would be even cooler is if Keyshia Cole covered "Bad". Seriously.

And what the hell happened? Was she the girl that that guy beated up?

Back
Top Bottom