Reviving EYKIW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
EYKIW has been pretty much a ghost town lately, and since chances are that we are not going to be getting a new album/tour cycle anytime soon, or even news about one, I doubt that it will show any signs of significant activity for awhile. Because of that, would you, the great Interference population, be interested in some sort of competition in here to spur activity and give those of us who aren't bickering in Free Your Mind (or out, you know, living lives) something fun to do? I'm not necessarily volunteering to run it, and I obviously don't think that it should be another Rate the Song series. However, something along those lines might be fun - maybe a song survivor contest? Those were always interesting, and we haven't had one in quite awhile. I just thought I'd start a thread to either (a) shoot down the idea of doing something like this altogether or (b) collectively brainstorm.

Honestly, it seems the only way for EYKIW to stop being a graveyard is for somebody to make a thread for an outlandish claim and/or over-react beyond all reason when people disagree with them.

But a Survivor might be worth running now while there is a lull, since the results of most of the past Survivors have been affected by a recent album or tour boosting the results of new or resurrected songs. If people are interested, the current quiet period might be a decent time to run a new Survivor - no new album on the horizon, and the tour effect from 360 will have at least cooled, if not totally subsided. If I ran it (and I'm not sure I'm volunteering to do it again), I'd do an Album Survivor first, then use that to seed how many songs from each album progress to the finals in a Song Survivor.

I actually had an idea earlier today about doing something like listening to a concert or album at the same time and commenting as we go, but that's probably a bit too vague. I'd be all game to hear some better ideas on what to do with the downtime though!

If I ran it (and I'm not sure I'm volunteering to do it again), I'd do an Album Survivor first, then use that to seed how many songs from each album progress to the finals in a Song Survivor.

Yeah, that's what I would do too.

I actually had an idea earlier today about doing something like listening to a concert or album at the same time and commenting as we go, but that's probably a bit too vague. I'd be all game to hear some better ideas on what to do with the downtime though!

That's a pretty cool idea - like Save the Whalers but legit. The problem that I would see is finding a time. Interference has a lot of North Americans, a lot of Europeans, and a lot of Australians/New Zealanders (Kiwis?), and finding a time that would work for all three would be a nightmare.

trevgreg said:

This was done a few times in B&C and it worked fairly well. I think the guy who ran it is gone now; you know, kids, real life, etc. but it was fun.

Yeah, that's what I would do too.

The other good part about doing Album Survivor first is that if it doesn't really go anywhere, it's a short tournament and wrapping it up without going onto Song Survivor wouldn't be a big deal.

Honestly, it seems the only way for EYKIW to stop being a graveyard is for somebody to make a thread for an outlandish claim and/or over-react beyond all reason when people disagree with them.

But a Survivor might be worth running now while there is a lull, since the results of most of the past Survivors have been affected by a recent album or tour boosting the results of new or resurrected songs. If people are interested, the current quiet period might be a decent time to run a new Survivor - no new album on the horizon, and the tour effect from 360 will have at least cooled, if not totally subsided. If I ran it (and I'm not sure I'm volunteering to do it again), I'd do an Album Survivor first, then use that to seed how many songs from each album progress to the finals in a Song Survivor.

:up: It was fun last time. I'd participate again.

Interference member survivor?

First 200 eliminated get banned forever, next 800 get an indefinite suspension, and the winner gets to be a mod. Everyone else retains the ability to post on a half-dead Interference.

Interference subforum survivor?

PLEBA, FYM, and Peeling Off Those Dollar Bills fight for their right to exist.

Nobody really wants to get rid of Pleba. Where would everyone secretly lurk to see the newest pics of their fave band member? :cute:

Sounds good Ax.

I don't think it's just this place that needs reviving, the whole place has been slow for some time now. I guess because U2 isn't doing anything, or people have just dropped off/lost interest in general.

I'm looking forward to the impending relationship between Nipples and Cobblestone.

Maybe this thread was all that was needed to revive EYKIW. *pats self on back*

Back
Top Bottom