Results of Rolling Stone's Top Artist/Album/Song of the Decade polls.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trojanchick99

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Well, remember, this is an internet vote, so there will be things like *cough* Avril Lavigne *cough* that make absolutely no sense. That said, nice to see U2 fare so well. Yay obsessive fanbase!

Artist of the Decade:

1) Green Day
2) Radiohead
3) U2
4) Coldplay
5) Black Eyed Peas
6) Justin Timberlake
7) Bruce Springsteen
8) Eminem
9) Jack White
10) Jay-Z

Album of the Decade:
1) American Idiot - Green Day
2) Graduation - Kanye West
3) Kid A - Radiohead
4) Let Go - Avril Lavigne
5) In Rainbows - Radiohead
6) All That You Can't Leave Behind - U2
7) Blackout - Britney Spears
8) All I Ever Wanted - Kelly Clarkson
9) The Blueprint- Jay-Z
10) The Fame - Lady Gaga
oh and
15) No Line on the Horizon - U2

Song of the Decade
1) Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
2) Single Ladies - Beyonce
3) Beautiful Day - U2
4) Toxic- Britney Spears
5) We Belong Together - Mariah Carey
6) Stronger - Kanye West
7) Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
8) Complicated - Avril Lavigne
9) Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
10) Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes

Somehow better than I could have hoped for. At least Kid A made it through the Green Day fan-spamming.

saw greenday live last night and although i think they deserve to be very high on that list, they dont deserve to the number 1.

There shall be no smaking of the forehead!

THE FAME KICKS NLOTH ASS!

Artist of the Decade:

1) Green Day

Album of the Decade:
1) American Idiot - Green Day

Song of the Decade
1) Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

o5cbcy.gif

It's a bit sad when the "top 3 artists" of the decade were all formed in the 70s or 80s. It was also announced a few days ago that The Beatles 1 is the top-selling album of the decade.

Yes, children, rock is dead.

yea i was gonna mention that. the top 3 were not from this decade. And you got bruce and jay z in the list not from this decade.

The lack of The Killers ever being an option for the Artist poll turned me off of this thing from the get go :shrug:

yeah green day did have a massive 2004-2005. it did not however have a massive 2000-2001. And 2009-2010 is good but not insane. U2 had a massive 2000-2001 and 20004-2005. And a pretty good 2009-2010. green day really doesn't win if thats how we are gonna do it,lol

yeah green day did have a massive 2004-2005. it did not however have a massive 2000-2001. And 2009-2010 is good but not insane. U2 had a massive 2000-2001 and 20004-2005. And a pretty good 2009-2010. green day really doesn't win if thats how we are gonna do it,lol

U2 aren't as commercially popular, and I guess NLOTH and 21CB have had a similar recption. You don't exactly see Green Day everywhere like in 2004, same with U2.

How is Hey Ya! not song of the decade?

:crack:

ATYCLB blows warning away. green days 2000 album . That although i can see how, since that album is still part of old school green day, its lumped in with the 90's albums.

ATYCLB blows warning away. green days 2000 album . That although i can see how, since that album is still part of old school green day, its lumped in with the 90's albums.

Going by comercial recption, it blows warnign all the way out of the water.

Personally, I'd rank Warning higher than ATYCLB, or even Atomic Bomb.

Back
Top Bottom