Reporter ambush interviews "Bono" about U2 tax situtation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trojanchick99

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Conservative reporter Jason Mattera has posted video of an interview in which he conducts an ambush with a man who appears to be a Bono impersonator, Media Matters reports. The clip, which was posted at conservative sites such as Breitbart.com and Glenn Beck's The Blaze, has since been pulled after it became obvious that Mattera – a self-proclaimed "bad boy reporter" who is currently promoting a new book, Hollywood Hypocrites – was not actually talking to the U2 frontman.

In the clip, which you can see below courtesy of Gawker, Mattera confronts the Bono impersonator about his band allegedly dodging taxes on their royalties. The impersonator answers Mattera by explaining that it's "not my company" and that he has no say in what U2 does. Which is true, of course, since he's not Bono!

Though it's obvious that the Bono impersonator was having a bit of fun with Mattera, it's not clear exactly what this guy was doing at an event dressed up as the U2 star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoDlIeUeVeA

Gotta love "journalism" in the internet age. No one actually checks things first. :lol:

Reporter Conducts Gotcha Interview With Bono Impersonator | Music News | Rolling Stone

simpsons_nelson_haha2.png

I love how Pavel makes some of Interference so shirty and irritated simply by existing.

For that alone, what a champ!

I love how Pavel makes some of Interference so shirty and irritated simply by existing.

He just makes me nauseous, that's all.

And it still surprises me how people can actually not see the difference between his ugly mug and Bono. :lol: Especially a reporter. Major reporting FAIL.

I think the Walter Reed thing is enough to get irritated about, if it's true. That's about as low as it gets, and if true makes me sick. That goes way beyond just existing. It has nothing to do with Bono, he could be exploiting people as anyone. Exploiting wounded vets, if true=just despicable.

Not having seen the clip, I may be talking out of my ass, but did this "reporter" really think Bono was just walking around on his own at a U2 show? Not getting ready to perform?

Edit: Here's another article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/jason-mattera-interviews-someone--is-it-bono/2012/03/21/gIQAPIz7RS_blog.html?tid=pm_opinions_pop

And it's funny how the reporter's conservative idiot followers buy it, and how he spins it to get attention to his "interview" with Biden. What a hard-hitter this guy is. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom