Remember When Bullet f#%king Rocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not hating on the immensity of the 80's / ZooTV performances, but there have been other special moments with this song. I still lament the lack of energy on Vertigo, but I agree with cori, the snippet was special.

Agreed. The Elevation and Vertigo versions are every bit as good as what came before, where Bullet is concerned. I loved the dark section of the Vertigo show just because it seemed to fit so much better than what they do now. The flow between Sometimes (end of Act 1) and LAPOE (start of Act 2) felt so much more natural than Crazy Tonight --> SBS.

Agreed with cori, powerhour, tommycharles and dazzledbylight regarding the "Johnny comes.." snippet. "Johnny safe home"(Bono usually repeated this at the end) segued directly into Running To Standstill was spine tingling. Very, very powerful statement by U2 at the time. Simple, yet immensely powerful. Exactly what the time period called for given Bono's working with GW Bush on development issues.

Cori, props for bringing that up, I think a lot of us, myself included, overlooked that and remembered how powerful it was when you mentioned it!

That being said, I find the Vertigo versions as the only ones really lacking. The initial burst out of SBS into Bullet was high energy, bass and drums pounding Bullet as always, but then the song just kind of fizzled out from there. Given the LAPOE-SBS duo before it, and RTSS/Pride after it, Bullet on Vertigo had a shitload of what was in my opinion, unrealized potential.

"Hands that Built.." and "Johnny Comes" were awesome, appropriate snippets unique to Vertigo, that I agree with 100%.

Its how the core part of Bullet was performed that makes me not really miss it too much on 360.

Bring it back when they're ready to give us another Zoo TV or Elevation version!

Kermit.jpg

The Elevation, ZOOTV and Popmart versions are my favorites :drool:. Menacing, mindblowing, powerful, just raw rock and roll (with a touch of funky in Popmart). As for a reincarnation on this tour, nahh - in my opinion it won't fit in. Save it for the next tour.

Back
Top Bottom