Remember "U2 Misheard Lyrics"? Well...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
YouTube - U2 - Misheard Lyrics

^ Remember that piece of gold (which I believe was created by our very own DreamOutLoud13)?:hyper: Well I have a theory that ever since this video was made Bono has been trying to speak the words more clearly and not sing "Bongolese". Like for instance during UV this tour he pronounces "opera" a lot more clearly. There's a lot of other ones as well, I just can't think of them right now. Now I don't know if he has tried to sing the words more clearly or if it's just a coincidence? Anyway I was bored and for some reason thought this miiiiight need discussing?:shrug::lol:

:cute:

I just have to say...that video is genius. I have laughed to the point of crying over it :lol:

I can't believe I wasn't the only one who heard "taco hanging from my ceiling"!! :laugh:

As far as clearer pronunciation...I think generally the words do come out clearer live than in the album versions. He doesn't sing like a robot or a recording, so it comes out differently each time.

Except of course for in the really early days, when 50% of what he sang was Bongolese :wink:

"The sky is full of felines"! :lol: I sent this to one of my friends who isn't a fan and even she thought it was funny.

That is some great stuff overall... got better and better as it progressed.

But I didn't realize that "Achtung Baby" came out in 1990... haha

I know this question is off-topic but, by the way, is there any page or even any video on youtube about those "studio mistakes" (like Larry droping the stick on "Ultraviolet" or the «what song?» in "Lemon") or those little curiosities (like Bono licking his lips or someone who's saying something in WUDM) in the songs that we can hear only if we're paying a lot of attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom