Remastered Albums - Your Bonus CD tracklistings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

necklover29

Babyface
With the reissues of Boy, October, War and The Joshua Tree. It got me thinking of U2's other albums that have yet to be remastered, and was wondering what the tracklistings would be for the bonus CD's that would come with them. So what would your tracklistings be for the other albums? Here is my line up for the Achtung Baby bonus CD:

1. Lady With the Spinning Head
2. Salome
3. Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk
4. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
5. Where Did It All Go Wrong
6. Satellite Of Love
7. Paint It Black
8. Fortunate Son
9. Night and Day (Red, Hot and Blue version)
10. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Edit)
11. Even Better Than the Rreal Thing (Perfecto Mix)
12. The Lounge Fly Mix
13. Mysterious Ways (Tabla Motown Mix)
14. Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
15. Mysterious Ways (Apollo 440 Magic Hour Mix)
16. Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)

plus 2 or 3 unreleased songs, which I don't know the titles to.

Ok so whats everyone elses, choices?

Feels like we have a thread on this every few months.

Unforgettable Fire bonus disc tracklisting -- assuming they include Wide Awake in America:

1. Pride (In the Name of Love) 12" version
2. Boomerang I
3. Boomerang II
4. 4th of July (extended 2:39)
5. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (long version)
6. Bass Trap
7. Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come
8. A Sort of Homecoming (Live)
9. Bad (live)
10. The Three Sunrises
11. Love Comes Tumbling
12. Wire (Dub Mix)
13. The untitled instrumental that's been floating around for a while

They could also include the live version of "Maggie's Farm" as it was recorded during this time period. If they really wanted to drive completists crazy they could include the alternate mix of A Sort of Homecoming with Edge's background vocals and the different lyrics version of Love Comes Tumbling.

That's about it -- I doubt there's any more real surviving material from those sessions -- at least, anything worth hearing, given the tooth-pulling project this album turned out to be. That's 7 unreleased studio tracks (which is the maximum U2 seems to release) plus extended versions of other material stuff (11 O'Clock, Pride, 4th July) plus various live performances. There were 14 tracks on the JT bonus disc, so there you go...

The biggest problem is that completists like me -- who would be the ones to buy this album -- have all these tracks already, so beyond the remastered audio (which has already been remastered on MFSL and the digital box set) the real lure would be a bonus live disc with videos etc from that era. Would love to see an Unforgettable Fire concert as a bonus disc, as it's the least represented tour currently in terms of released tracks. (Boy has the Live in Boston digital box album, October has the live tracks on the bonus remastered disc, War has Blood Red Sky, JT has Live from Paris and Rattle and Hum, LoveTown has the 1990 digital box album, ZooTV has the fan club CD and live DVD, PopMart has the fan club CD and live DVD, Elevation has 2 live DVDs and various released tracks, ditto Vertigo.) The question is whether the band will deem this album worthy of a JT-style release -- while a well-regarded album, and one that seems to improve with age, it doesn't have quite the milestone status JT and AB do.

Achtung Baby Bonus Disc:

1. Lady With The Spinning Head
2. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
3. Salome
4. Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
5. Where Did It All Go Wrong
6. Night & Day
7. Alex Descends
8. The Fly (The Lounge Fly Mix)
9. Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
10. Unreleased Song
11. Unreleased Song
12. Unreleased Song
13. Unreleased Song

I didn't include any covers just for the money reasons. I think such a popular album like Achtung Baby deserves four unreleased songs. :up:

Back
Top Bottom