Reg the Dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
what does the name Reg (or Reggie) the Dog come from? a band member nickname? I originally thought it was early Village friend Reggie Manuel's nickname, but his was infact "Bad Dog"

Indeed, but that still doesn't explain the origin of it?

That's true, but he asked what it was in the first place, and that I could answer. I have to admit that I really do not know where the nickname came from or why it hasn't been used since.
This question has been asked before and I tried to find the answer, but I never found it. Perhaps it's an inside joke like the beachball thing. :shrug:

I recall reading (I think around the "Pop" era) how "Edge" sometimes was morphed into "Redge" and other such similar monikers. From that, one can get "Reg" and maybe Bono, being Bono, tacked on "the dog". Like most sobriquets, they usually evolve from silliness. :)

Sorry for derailing the thread, but could you please tell me what that beachball thing is about? :reject:

Watch U2 Go Home: Live from Slane castle again and you'll know. :wink:
I think it's during Desire, or at least something in the acoustic set. Fans have been throwing a beachball around for a while, and it ends up on the tip of the heart. Bono says in the mic: "Oh look Edge, a beachball" And Edge cracks up like something is madly hillarious. Then Bono kicks it into the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom