Refugee or Rejoice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hasin73

Refugee
Which song has most playful Larry drumming? IMO, the honour has to go to
Refugee for fantastic drumming by Larry at the middle part of the song. And
i think Refugee is the only song where Larry outshines other band members.

What's your opinion, my friends?

Rejoice, of course. One of their most underrated early songs, that features one of the most rocking endings in a U2 song.

The Refugee is shite.

Rejoice, of course. One of their most underrated early songs, that features one of the most rocking endings in a U2 song.

The Refugee is shite.

Rejoice is quite possibly Larry's single best showing in the band's history. In fact, all the band members perform well there. Fantastic tune.

Yeah, I'd like to add that Refugee really is a pretty solid song, despite all the flak it cops. Bono really throws himself into the song and it has some quite powerful drumming, though I personally enjoy the Rejoice solo more than anything from Larry in Refugee.

Definitely Rejoice. Though any opportunity to state how great the refugee is, is a great opportunity.
Two great songs.

The score so far: 2 to 13 against Refugee. At this speed, it is going to be the mother of
all defeats.:wink::wink::wink:

I actually prefer Refugee over Rejoice.....contrary to popular opinion, I think there are many songs better than Rejoice on October, and several songs worse than Refugee on War.

Cracking tunes though.....

Rejoice is awesome.

Refugee is awesome.

I say Rejoice, but every time I listen to Refugee, I can't help but think about SNL's episode with Christophere Walken.... "I gotta have more cowbell."
:)

I'd say Rejoice. I think it's the most powerful of the two songs, and has the best drumming, and that's what it's about...

Do you think she might want to live in America? I have a sneaking suspicion she wants to live in America.

She's a refugee that wants to live in America?

HOLY CRAP, NO WONDER THE SONG'S CALLED REFUGEE! Like, zomg, I never realised at all!!!!1!eleven! :doh:

I just thought it was about, like, Stevie Wonder.

Back
Top Bottom