Rattle & Hum: I Love The 80s Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmy Jazz

The Fly
Rattle & Hum deserves a better special edition than this...

from @u2:

51f4UJdWWwL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Rattle And Hum: I Love the '80s Version is set to be released on February 3, 2009, according to a listing on Amazon.com. It's a 2-DVD set, although there are no details about what's on the second DVD.

It looks like U2 has little or no involvement in this release. This is part of a partnership announced earlier this year between Paramount Home Entertainment and VH1 to re-release dozens of classic movies from the 1980s. The previous movie releases, like Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Some Kind Of Wonderful, all include an extra DVD with four music videos taken from the movie soundtrack. If that's the plan for the Rattle And Hum release, the extra DVD might include music videos for "Desire," "Angel Of Harlem," "All I Want Is You," and ... who knows what the fourth would be. There was a video for "When Love Comes To Town," but it was taken directly from the movie.

I wouldn't worry about this too much the previous I love the 80's editions were also 2 discs but the second disc is a four-song music CD which includes: Echo & the Bunnymen's Lips Like Sugar, Erasure's Chains of Love, INXS' Need You Tonight, and a-ha's Take on Me. The first disc is normally just a repackaged previous version - so it's highly doubtful there will be anything new here

It will probably be videos from four other bands from the 80's or some such crap.

Rattle and Hum was recently re-released on Blu-ray, so perhaps this is a new digital transfer from the HD master? My sneaking suspicion is that this is just a repackaging of the same old DVD.

Could be worse:

u2-bubble-and-gum.jpg

WTF :lmao:
Is that for real?!

yes it is unfortunately...

it was this crappy gum they sold in the early 90's... I have the box somewhere at home.

:lmao: Holy crap I never knew that!

..:: U2 Discography - Bubble and Gum / U Chew - U2 Wanderer.org ::..

TRACKLISTING

* Sunday Bubble Sunday
* With or Without Chew
* Pride (In the Name of Gum)
* Some Gums are Better than Others
* In Wad's Country
* I Still Haven't Found What I Stuck it On
* All I Want is Chew
* Numb (Gum)

Ponder that shit for a while.

It will probably be videos from four other bands from the 80's or some such crap.

Rattle and Hum was recently re-released on Blu-ray, so perhaps this is a new digital transfer from the HD master? My sneaking suspicion is that this is just a repackaging of the same old DVD.

I agree with you, to me the REAL RE-release, was the Blu ray edition, with the best possible sound and image...

This is only repackaged for the nostalgic masses... ;))

no respect man, that pink in the cover ins'y the u2 style, i never buy.

I got it on blue ray for 15 bucks...STEAL

WISH IT CAME WITH SOME EXTRAS

hahaha Bubble and Gum! I bought that from Osco Drug in Kansas City in the early 90s and kept it until the gum on the inside grew moldy and stuck to the paper.

Who wants to chomp on a slice of gum the size of a cd and as thick as a pancake. Yukky
also it didn't play in my cd player because i was cheap and opted for the Sony SansBubble which didn't play gum cds for some reason.

That bubble gum thing is really hillarious. I'll bet it was dreamed up by a U2 fan. :D

About the Rattle and Hum DVD, I won't be buying it. If it's nothing new and comes in such crappy conditions, it's not worth it. I'll just wait for another release to come out.

Back
Top Bottom