Rate the Something Series?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
I have been neglectful lately. A couple of months ago, I brought up the idea of doing a 2014 rate the song series or something like it, but never followed up, because of the craziness of the end of classes, taking finals, moving to a different state, starting this summer's internship, et cetera.

But Interference is as dead as Eric Cantor's campaign at the moment, so I'm interested in doing something to revive it, at least to get us through the (northern hemisphere's) summer. A traditional Rate the Song Series, or Best Song Survivor, might be in the cards if done expeditiously. Nick was strongly in favor of a live song survivor, and I am still interested in that possibility, though unsure of the details. Most importantly: would it be better to rank individual performances of songs, or the live histories of songs?

Thoughts?

As I've said before, a "Live" song survivor is and always will be a stupid idea. It's no different. People are just going to vote for the songs they like. They'll be clouded by that, and the live aspects won't even matter. Hell, there are people on this site who would be voting who have never even SEEN U2 live. It will be the same thing as a "Studio" survivor. It makes no sense. And Streets is the winner, anyway, so what's the point? Terrible idea.

I can't articulate it right now as I well as I possibly could but, yeah, that shit is really stupid.

We don't need to do a survivor of any kind, really. Let's all just rot and waste away here in the desert. Let's embrace nothingness. More fun than rehashing the same old bullshit for the millionth time.

"I like Some Days Are Better Than Others!"

"I don't really like Some Days Are Better Than Others!"

Yawn.

Feels like we've already done countless RTS/Survivors, I don't see much point for yet another one.

A survivor is always a fun way to get through dead times, so I'm pretty much always up for that. It's not like we're getting an album anytime soon. :wink:

What would be the purpose of doing another plain best song survivor again? Haven't we done like three of those in the last year?

Pick some random ass category, something goofy as hell, maybe, that could be fun. "Rate the songs that use the world Kneel most often", or "Adam Clayton Solos Survivor."

Why would anyone want to revive Eric Cantor's campaign?

Oh, because of the alternative.

I vote we have a Interference death match. The "winner" lives to fight another day. To the loser, well, heads on stakes, you know the drill. There will be blood, lots of blood, and fire, and more blood, and guts, violent gore, etc.

Yeah people would probably vote live tracks based on studio tracks.

I wouldn't, as I'd rank live versions of "Elevation", "GOYB", "Bad", "SBS", "Pride", "Ultraviolet", "MOS", "40", "AIWIY" higher than I would in the regular ranking.

Short n sweet: Band Member Survivor

Three rounds.. then the winner is declared.

:bono: :edge: :larry: :adam:

prediction: Adam is voted off first, then Larry. Edge wins in the end.

I believe this forum should be closed entirely, unless I'm allowed to start a thread entitled "Fuck U2", where we all post about how stupid they have become.

I believe this forum should be closed entirely, unless I'm allowed to start a thread entitled "Fuck U2", where we all post about how stupid they have become.

:heart:

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

So, I think I'm getting a fairly resounding "no" to the question of if we should do one of these.

I think we actually once did an Interference awards back in like 2001.

I won the award for "Most likely to Dine & Ditch at a Denny's"

Well, this place needs something to keep in touch with the kids. Something hip and sexy. Like changing the blue to a slightly warmer blue, or getting Tom Hiddleston to moderate for a day.

By the time we're finished listening to a couple James Murphy songs, the album should be out!!

Back
Top Bottom