Rank Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't even think about putting SUC and EPAA in the same category. Elvis Presley and America is an atmospheric masterpiece.
SUC is the worst piece of sh*t they've ever recorded.

I'm pretty sure she meant Elvis ATE America (the Passengers litany to Elvis).
I mean, I enjoy that one a lot, but I can perfectly understand people hating on it, but it's absurd to think that people hates EPAA that much.

If HMTMKMKM had made the album where would it be in the tracklisting?

How would it have changed the album?

I have it right after The First Time... a great "wake up" song after the slow TFT, and it doesn't sound bad at all before Dirty Day.

(I also have the 90's Sweetest Thing between Daddy's Gonna Pay and Some Days).

If it was on an album, then they wouldn't have given it away to a Batman movie...so, no.

Agreed, The Batman Forever movie came out in 1995 vs 1993 for Zooropa. Personally, I think Zooropa is perfect the way it is. What I would have loved to see U2 do so as not to waste a wonderful song like Hold Me... Stick it on Pop, I know that will ruffle the feathers of Pop worshipers on Interference but hear me out.... What about this track listing?

1. Discotheque
2. Do You Feel Loved
3. Mofo
4. If God Will Send His Angels
5. Staring At The Sun
6. Please
7. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
8. Last Night On Earth
9. The Playboy Mansion
10. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
11. Gone
12. Wake Up Dead Man

I actually like Gone as the penultimate track because it's a bit of a summation of the crisis of faith, and a heavy song. It's a nice correspondent to Acrobat in the same spot. I always felt it was weird as a "Side 2" opener.

However, Please is also a dense, powerful track that also works there, and is perhaps too serious to be anywhere else.

Tough call.

My own custom version of Pop has Holy Joe and North And South Of The River on it, and I retain Miami. I can't remember how I ordered the tracklisting but I'm pretty sure I opened with Mofo, left DYFL in #2 and put Staring At The Sun in the #3 "ballad" spot. Discotheque opened Side 2. I may have had Gone closing out the first side, come to think of it.

I always include North and South and Hold Me, etc on Pop.
It's usually more like.....
1 Discotheque
2 Mofo
3 Staring At The Sun
4 If God Will Send His Angels
5 Miami
6 Please
7 North and South
8 Hold Me, etc.
9 Last Night On Earth
10 Do You Feel Loved
11 Velvet Dress
12 Gone
13 Wake Up Deadman

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I actually like Gone as the penultimate track because it's a bit of a summation of the crisis of faith, and a heavy song. It's a nice correspondent to Acrobat in the same spot. I always felt it was weird as a "Side 2" opener.

However, Please is also a dense, powerful track that also works there, and is perhaps too serious to be anywhere else.

Tough call.

My own custom version of Pop has Holy Joe and North And South Of The River on it, and I retain Miami. I can't remember how I ordered the tracklisting but I'm pretty sure I opened with Mofo, left DYFL in #2 and put Staring At The Sun in the #3 "ballad" spot. Discotheque opened Side 2. I may have had Gone closing out the first side, come to think of it.

Cool, I am going to try out Pop in this order and see how it sounds.

Back
Top Bottom