Rank Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first four are utterly amazing, and the first nine are all at least very good. But I do think that Some Days is fairly pointless.

I often end up singing Some Days to myself when having a bad day and without fail, wish it was a better song but end up deciding it's strangely appropriate to have a shitty song in one's head.

I often end up singing Some Days to myself when having a bad day and without fail, wish it was a better song but end up deciding it's strangely appropriate to have a shitty song in one's head.

Haha. I honestly think that Zooropa would be better as a nine song album. Or Velvet Dress could have worked well on it, but it would have made the second half feel different.

There aren't very many bad U2 songs from the 84-97 glory days. Some Days is mediocre. I dislike Trip Through Your Wires, but not as much as I used to. I'm not a huge fan of So Cruel. I like Love Rescue Me, and I'm not that bothered by WLCTT anymore, but some of the R&H live material is bad. Extending this to War, I pretty much like every song on that album, including Red Light.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Zooropa 10/10
Lemon 10/10
Stay 10/10
Daddy's Gonna Pay 10/10
Some Days 10/10
The Wanderer 10/10
The First Time 10/10
Babyface 9.5/10
Dirty Day 9.5/10
Numb 9/10

Album gets a 10 overall from me, it's a perfect album. One of my favorites of all time, Sgt Pepper for 90s. Regarding that, I remember reading Bono thought it was their Sgt Pepper (right on B!) and then him saying that it wasn't because it had no hits and where's Sgt Pepper without hits? Come on....Sgt Pepper would have been what it was even if it was only heard by Silver Apples fans.

Haha. I honestly think that Zooropa would be better as a nine song album. Or Velvet Dress could have worked well on it, but it would have made the second half feel different.

There aren't very many bad U2 songs from the 84-97 glory days. Some Days is mediocre. I dislike Trip Through Your Wires, but not as much as I used to. I'm not a huge fan of So Cruel. I like Love Rescue Me, and I'm not that bothered by WLCTT anymore, but some of the R&H live material is bad. Extending this to War, I pretty much like every song on that album, including Red Light.

Ha! You and I have different tastes. I love both Trip Through Your Wires and So Cruel. And what live material from R&H could be bad?

Helter Skelter is corny as fuck and vastly inferior to the original; All Along the Watchtower is messy and underrehearsed (in contrast to the fantastic Lovetown versions), and although I don't hate it, I never really cared for the gospel I Still Haven't Found.

Silver and Gold is excellent though, and the real great live versions are featured in the movie (With or Without You, Running to Stand Still, Exit).

Helter Skelter is corny as fuck and vastly inferior to the original; All Along the Watchtower is messy and underrehearsed (in contrast to the fantastic Lovetown versions), and although I don't hate it, I never really cared for the gospel I Still Haven't Found.

Silver and Gold is excellent though, and the real great live versions are featured in the movie (With or Without You, Running to Stand Still, Exit).

Helter Skelter was a killer live, energy and intensity Beatles couldn t reach by any means.

1 Lemon 10
2. Zooropa 10
3. The first time 10
4. Dirty day 10
5. Numb 10
6. Stay 9
7. Some days are better... 8
8. Daddy ... 8
9. The wanderer 8
10. Babyface 1

Worst u2 song ever. Babyface. ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Correction.....Stand Up Comedy & Elvis Presley and America.

Correction.....Stand Up Comedy & Elvis Presley and America.

Don't even think about putting SUC and EPAA in the same category. Elvis Presley and America is an atmospheric masterpiece.
SUC is the worst piece of sh*t they've ever recorded. I never ever want to hear that egotistical, horrific lyriced piece of garbage ever again.
Wild Honey, Unknown Caller, and a few others suck. But none come close to SUC.

Don't even think about putting SUC and EPAA in the same category. Elvis Presley and America is an atmospheric masterpiece.
SUC is the worst piece of sh*t they've ever recorded. I never ever want to hear that egotistical, horrific lyriced piece of garbage ever again.

:up:

Album gets a 10 overall from me, it's a perfect album. One of my favorites of all time, Sgt Pepper for 90s. Regarding that, I remember reading Bono thought it was their Sgt Pepper (right on B!) and then him saying that it wasn't because it had no hits and where's Sgt Pepper without hits? Come on....Sgt Pepper would have been what it was even if it was only heard by Silver Apples fans.

Heh. One of his silliest comments. One of the most iconic albums ever recorded vs...a glorified mid tour quickie album ? Nope.

Although Stand up is mostly annoying, at least it has something. Songs like Wild Honey, Peace on Earth, Playboy Mansion, Miami, Cedars of Libanon have nothing

There are people who think Stand Up Comedy has a single redeeming quality?

That song alone is enough to make you give up on U2.

This is the baffling thing - the movie has heaps of amazing live versions, yet they chose almost everything else for the album. Why would you pick that shoddy Pride over the scorching version of Bad? A scratchy Watchtower over Exit? Etc., etc. At least they got it right with Bullet.

I agree with earlier posts and always felt that Rattle & Hum should have been a live album with perhaps a few studio cuts at the end. It would have been incredible to have live versions of many of those fine performances from the film. WOWY from R&H is still my favourite version of that song. :heart:

Zooropa on the other hand is wonderful just the way it is...apart from the alarm going off a few minutes after "The Wanderer":doh:

If HMTMKMKM had made the album where would it be in the tracklisting?

How would it have changed the album?

Zoo TV: Live from Sydney would have been even more sick.

If HMTMKMKM had made the album where would it be in the tracklisting?

How would it have changed the album?

Zoo TV: Live from Sydney would have been even more sick.

Zooropa is contemplative and strange, not glam. It (along with Holy Joe) would have been a better fit for Pop.

Zooropa is contemplative and strange, not glam. It (along with Holy Joe) would have been a better fit for Pop.

Reason I ask is that isn't it one of the song titles ( along with Wake Up Dead Man ) that you can read in purple on the album cover ? May have been a working title at that point that could have developed in the recording of the album.

1. Lemon
2. Zooropa
3. Stay
4. Numb
5. Babyface
6. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
7. The First Time
8. Dirty Day
9. The Wanderer
10. Some Days Are Better Than Others

Classic, Great, Good.

If it was on an album, then they wouldn't have given it away to a Batman movie...so, no.

Zooropa 10/10
Lemon 10/10
Stay 10/10
Daddy's Gonna Pay 10/10
Some Days 10/10
The Wanderer 10/10
The First Time 10/10
Babyface 9.5/10
Dirty Day 9.5/10
Numb 9/10

Album gets a 10 overall from me, it's a perfect album.

It's a perfect album...where two songs get a 9.5 and another gets a 9. :huh:

Nothing is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom