Rank the Tours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They played Gone and Stay, which after doing research on Axver's site may have been the first concert to feature a song from Zooropa and Pop in the same show.

This is a good point I hadn't thought about. You're right.

This is a good point I hadn't thought about. You're right.

Something to add it to your concert notes on the website. I realized that fact at the end of the concert. I'm not 100% sure if Edge brainfarted on the first chord of Angel of Harlem or Stay. I feel pretty confident it was Stay.

11.Sweetest Thing
12.In A Little While
13.Angel Of Harlem
14.Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

There were 4 songs instead of 3. In that sequence. Enjoyed Sweetest Thing. Bono draped an Irish flag over the Piano.

1. POP
2. ZooTV
3. Vertigo tour
4. Elevation
5. JT
6. 360
---
Rest I don't really know too much about
-----
99. I/E I was there 6 times but I really think the entire Iris--->Raised segment was one of the most depressing parts of a live tour I've ever had to sit through, combined with a terrible opener song. It just didn't do much for me. Of course Bad+40+Shine like stars in 1 evening saved it for me and was amazing, but overall, I wasn't really impressed. I enjoyed 360 much more.

Counting only the tours I`ve seen live

Love Town Tour (Rotterdam 10 Jan 1990 remains my fav live show I`ve ever seen:drool:)
Zoo Tv Tour (Zooropa `93 Tour)
Zoo Tv Tour (Inside Tour`92)
Popmart Tour
Vertigo Tour
Elevation Tour
I+E Tour
360 Tour

Yeah...I got my tours mixed up...as I attended all four shows in San Jose on both the Elevation/Vertigo Tours...my bad...April 20, 2001...NIRVANA that night...:drool:

The coolest thing that night was when I ran into Jeff Ament (Pearl Jam), we were staying at the same hotel, and he told me that was the best U2 show he'd ever seen...:applaud:...which was saying something, since PJ supported U2 on some Zooropa dates...I couldn't have agreed more...:up:

Ditto. The BEST U2 show I've ever seen. I've seen various tours and 13 shows total. April 20th 2001 ranks at the top.

I am only going to rank what I’ve witnessed personally;

1. Elevation
2. Popmart (this is tough to rank because I was only 15 and the memory had faded, and it was also my first concert ever).
3. 360
4. Vertigo
5. I & E
6. E & I
7. Joshua Tree 2017.

Having only seen the last three, I’d say:
1. I&E
2. 360
3. E&I

...with the proviso that if I’d seen either (a) the late Euro E&I setlist, or (b) the 2009/10 360 setlist, those positions would likely be reversed.

Not everything about I&E was perfect, but it came pretty damn close.

I'll just rank the six shows I've now seen, with the caveat that I will hopefully be adding at least two by the end of this year :hyper:

1. Vertigo Melb
2. JT30 LA1
3. JT30 LA2
4. 360 Melb1
~daylight~
5. 360 Melb2
~more daylight~
6. 360 Bris

Tours i've been to:

1>. Zootv
2>. The joshua tree
3>. The unforgettable fire
4>. Elevation
5>. War tour
6>. Popmart
7>. The joshua tree 30
8>. Vertigo
9>. 360
10>. I + e
11>. E + i

I've been lucky enough to see get tickets for every tour since TUF apart from SoE (something I'm oddly not that upset about) so this isn't this that easy.

1. Zoo TV
2. ZOO TV (Outside Broadcast)
3. Lovetown
4 Joshua Tree
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Elevation
7. 360
8. Vertigo
9. I and E
10 Joshua Tree 30
11 Popmart

This is not easy.

Alas, sticking just with what I've been to...

Vertigo
I/E
Elevation
JT30
E/I

I'd also like to add that I had an absolute blast at the MSG 3 E/I and MetLife 2 JT30 shows I went to - as fun as any U2 shows I've ever been to other than maybe MetLife 360. Alas... Just justing the tours and not specific shows, they're at the bottom. E/I would be MUCH higher if they did the European setlist in America... and while seeing the Joshua Tree played in full was amazing... my qualms there was with the choices in the rest of the set.

I was very happy with being able to see tracks 5-11 of the Joshua Tree... twice! The fanboy in me was in heaven! However, I didn’t feel like it made for a very good flowing setlist. The first 4 songs on the b-stage should’ve at least had the live footage on the screen as well. Minor complaints, but it just didn’t play out very well.

I really liked the 1 EI show I saw in Chicago. However, seeing what the tour morphed into halfway through the European leg really leaves me salty, and demotes the show I saw a little bit. Still, it was a great show.

The only time I’ve left a U2 show feeling “meh” was the Notre Dame show in 2001. I saw the first leg of Elevation twice, and they were among the best concerts I’ve ever seen. But ND was the first show post 9/11, and it was a little too somber. Bono seemed to be on autopilot, and they tried that weird opening with BD that didn’t work out.

Only based on what I've seen in person:

JT30 wins by default.

2010 360 would be last, except for...

Vertigo I only saw one show, in a seat right at the back of the stadium and it was hard to see anything and the sound was bad.

I/E (saw it once but it was the best show I’ve ever seen by anyone)
Elevation
Popmart
Vertigo
JT30
E/I (European setlist would elevate this, there was such a weird dead spot when they repeated I/E)
360 (and I loved 360)

War = Zoo TV (zooropa legs)
TJT
Popmart
Boy/October
E & I (Europe leg)
Lovetown
TUF
I & E
Elevation
Vertigo

Last edited: