Random U2 Thoughts Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The guitar tone Edge gets in "A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel" is gorgeous

I just love it. One of the best tones he's ever recorded. It's fucking nasty.

And he uses it well, especially when the electric guitar slams in to announce the first verse.

If only he'd played a gigantic, slashing, sky-ripping and hectic solo over the outro...with that tone.

Oh my.

This is a thing of beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be8YuyneES4

First, U2 are a great house band. Larry fucking stomps. Bono is a great background singer, along with Edge. Edge, Bono, Springsteen, & Patti Smith all singing together. I mean, that's just about perfect rock & roll.

Second, this song is brilliant. Urgency, passion. And that bridge is perfect.

Third, A song, written by Springsteen, made famous by Patti Smith, that had influence on U2, being played by all 3 artists. Insane.

Fourth, Paul Schaefer on piano.

paul-shaffer.jpg

There is a cat's meow at 2:03 in "Big Girls Are Best."

actually, it's all over the record. Ya can hear it on the intro as well.

I know it's probably a guitar, but I'm pretending it's a sample.

Of a cat.

It's one of my favorite musical moments ever. I enjoyed that they mixed both versions of the song together for the lyrics as well.

U2 fan creates three threads in one day for random shit that comes into his head.

U2 fan might be better off just giving us a daily recap thread where we can easily see (or ignore) all your musings in one place.

I'm going to just take your word for it on the cat's meow, because I have no desire to go listen to the song to hear it for myself. Because that would involve listening to that song.

See, because I really don't like that song.

If we're not counting Elvis Ate America as a U2 song, this is the worst thing U2 ever recorded. I'm honestly not sure if I've heard it more than about twice and I don't plan to add to that now.

wow, really? jesus!

I've always thought it was a really great song that would have fit quite well on Rattle And Hum had it been just a studio album or something. like Schloopen said, great guitar tone there and a solo at the end wouldn't have been out of place! It's not a lost classic but there are far worse songs out there, some of which have somehow made it onto albums...

I'm going to just take your word for it on the cat's meow, because I have no desire to go listen to the song to hear it for myself. Because that would involve listening to that song.

See, because I really don't like that song.

What are you talking about? It's so good!!!!!

My fridge buzzes exactly like the 2:03 cat's meow in Big Girls Are Best.

We should have a Schloop thread survivor.

If he whines about how we handle it, we can mix things up and see how long Schloop can survive in a hole full of starving wolverines.

We should have a Schloop thread survivor.

If he whines about how we handle it, we can mix things up and see how long Schloop can survive in a hole full of starving wolverines.

Do you look forward to not liking his threads?

That's very sad.

There is more to life than being miserable.

You should go outside once in a while. Listen to The Darkness.

I do like this smart-ass haiku shit he has going on.

Back
Top Bottom