Random U2 Question THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read some where that the title Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (and possibly another title. It may have been IF God Will Send His Angles) can be found somewhere hidden on the cover of Zooropa. Is this actually true? I cannot find.

U2 going math rock. :rockon:

That's funny, because Bono always acts like he hates golf. I bet it's all a big cover-up and he secretly loves it. :wink:

PLEBAn assignment: Begin stalking golf courses. :shifty:

I remember reading this article last year and thinking it was a bit far-fetched. Maybe he does like his golf afterall?

Semi-retired Gold Coast businessman scores two unlikely golf buddies from U2 | Courier Mail

Semi-retired Gold Coast businessman scores two unlikely golf buddies
from U2
December 11, 2010

A GOLD Coast man got more than he bargained for this week during a
game of golf at the Hope Island course.

The semi-retired businessman was on the practice green when a foreign
man approached him to ask if he and his friend could join him on his
round.

The local man happily agreed and soon discovered he was talking to the
stage manager for Irish rockers U2.

"Oh and does your friend work for U2 as well?" he asked.

"That's Bono, the lead singer," the stage manager replied.

The man enjoyed 18 holes with Bono and the stage manager, a beer or
two afterwards, and scored tickets to Wednesday night's show.

I remember reading this article last year and thinking it was a bit far-fetched. Maybe he does like his golf afterall?

Semi-retired Gold Coast businessman scores two unlikely golf buddies from U2 | Courier Mail

Semi-retired Gold Coast businessman scores two unlikely golf buddies
from U2
December 11, 2010

A GOLD Coast man got more than he bargained for this week during a
game of golf at the Hope Island course.

The semi-retired businessman was on the practice green when a foreign
man approached him to ask if he and his friend could join him on his
round.

The local man happily agreed and soon discovered he was talking to the
stage manager for Irish rockers U2.

"Oh and does your friend work for U2 as well?" he asked.

"That's Bono, the lead singer," the stage manager replied.

The man enjoyed 18 holes with Bono and the stage manager, a beer or
two afterwards, and scored tickets to Wednesday night's show.

I too find this gossip sighting suspicious. My take is that businessman heard on the news that U2 is in town for a concert, and cooked up this story. Here is my analysis:

-Do you think Bono would ever take the backseat, talking-wise, and let someone else introduce him? (Adam or Larry I might believe, but Bono? Never!)
-Look at the superior-subordinate relationship here. The stage manager works for Bono, and even if this wasn't B's personality we're talking about here, wouldn't the boss be the one leading the convo with businessman while the subordinate hangs in the boss' shadow a little?
-Does Rocco Reedy look like he golfs? (Granted, this could be Jake Berry as well)

This article smacks of deceit:|

bonoontheedge1.jpg

bonoontheedge2.jpg

bonoontheedge3.jpg

:sad::|

I too find this gossip sighting suspicious. My take is that businessman heard on the news that U2 is in town for a concert, and cooked up this story. Here is my analysis:

-Do you think Bono would ever take the backseat, talking-wise, and let someone else introduce him? (Adam or Larry I might believe, but Bono? Never!)
-Look at the superior-subordinate relationship here. The stage manager works for Bono, and even if this wasn't B's personality we're talking about here, wouldn't the boss be the one leading the convo with businessman while the subordinate hangs in the boss' shadow a little?
-Does Rocco Reedy look like he golfs? (Granted, this could be Jake Berry as well)

This article smacks of deceit:|

He would. Because it's easier for someone else to ask if they can join in, since if Bono asks everyone will agree anyway as soon as they recognize him.

Besides, U2 don't have a clear boss/employee relationship with their crew. They're more friendly than that, and Rocko is a friend of them. So I don't see why this would be so fishy.

Jake Berry is the tour manager, not the stage manager.

i did a google search and came across an image i did for this very thing several years ago :lol: here's the songs i found on the cover:

15408zooropa1-med.jpg

forgive the shitty writing, i was using my mouse to do this.

I appricate your mouse-skills. but i assume this means the hidden song titles is purely myth?

Marik, get a picture of the album next to it. It's not a myth, the overlines Khan put in with paint are what is actually on the record!

WOW. Its really hard to make out, but I see it. I cant believe someone ever found that. (or did U2 mentein it in an interview sometime?)

I wonder what the top line says. :hmm: it seems that the canvas for the letters was about twice the album cover, and the album cover was in the middle. As you can see on the top right it says ZO, and 2nd row left PA.. so i'd assume the OORO is on the omitted parts, same with DE and MAN, and Wanderer, HMTMKMKM, Velvet..

Man who ever made this sleeve was brilliant. Hidden messages on album covers? F'ing brilliant!

U2start says: "Bono made his first live solo appearance on April 30, 1989, at a fundraising event in the Abbey Theatre in Dublin, singing his own musical adaptations of two poems by William Butler Yeats"

Does anybody have more info about it? I've searched but didn't find anything except the quote above. Is there a video/photo/article from that event available somewhere?

In U2 by U2 Bono speaks of the '40 phenomenon' that took place on the War Tour where fans would often continue to chant the refrain of "How long...to sing this song?" as the band left the stage at the end of each concert. However, I have several shows from that tour and the crowd barely clap to the drums let alone sing. When did this really become a custom? Was it only after Red Rocks aired on Channel 4/MTV?

I'm not sure about the War tour, but I know it got custom at JT/RnH tours when they ended with 40. For example, the rescheduled Dutch shows in Rotterdam from january 1990, there's a good bootleg out there and the crowd goes on for a while.

Bono and Miranda?

Did anyone else catch 48 Hrs Mystery last night? Much to my surprise Bono was menteined briefly (and Fly picture flashed on-screen twice).
It was the story of a mysterious woman going by the name Miranda, who struck up relationship's with various famous celebrities over the phone and she was quite enduring and would make them all fall for her. (they implied, not sexually though). Bono was menteined as oneo f the celebrities (along with Billy Joel, Robert De Niro, etc).
The woman who fooled Hollywood's leading men - CBS News)
Now, the show didnt say anything specific about Bono, other than naming him. Does anyone know anything more about this?
the wiki page names all the other celebs that 48 hrs listed, but not Bono. Miranda Grosvenor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What a bizarre story!

I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source for facts, but according to what it says there, the calls stopped in the mid-80s. Based on the fame-level of those she was calling, I'd be surprised if Bono was on that list. (Unless 1987 is included in their definition of mid-80s.)

I heard something somewher some time ago on some channel..... but I can't remember where, when, who..... just remember someone talking about a woman calling celebrities and fucking with their minds.....

does it help? :reject:

History of Bono on TIME magazine covers

I can recall 3 covers Bono has graced, but I recently read there have been 4 covers.

1) all of U2 Rock's Hottest Ticket '87

2) Bono holding leather jacket open revealing USA flag (around Superbowl time, i believe)

3) Person of The Year- shown with Bill Gates and his wife.

If there ever was a 4th, what was it?

Maybe it's referring to this one. This was the Apr. 28, 2003 European cover. He's only been on 3 US covers as far as I know.

TimeMagazineEuropeanBonoApr282003Vol161No17.jpg

Anyone know which vertigo your show they had a belly dancer during Mysterious Ways?

Wasn't that MstheEdge or something like that from this forum? :hmm: Perhaps check the archives, there should be a 2006 PLEBA thread called Bono's Dancing Girls. I vaguely recall this bellydancer being from Interference. Or at least it was mentioned there.

Back
Top Bottom