Random U2 Question THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^thanks...I was able to find a transcript of the main article but could not find a transcript of the supplement.

NEXT QUESTION:
in a recently re-posted article circa 1983, the writer talks of Garvin Evans singing at Larry Mullen Sr's wedding. I was quite surprised because i have never heard of Larry's father ever re-marrying in any Larry bio/profile, or even U2 By U2 for that matter. It occurred to me that maybe there is evidence of Larry having a step-mother in some album liner note thank-yous, or maybe even during Bono's in-concert shout-outs. Anyone know more about whether this is indeed true?

Bono vs Andy Dick

a recent thread about jackass Scott Stapp comments on Bono reminded me of an issue at some award show a few years back. From what I remember, Andy Dick was also being a jackass and made a joke about Ali being on drugs, to which Bono threw his drink on Dick and walked away.

What awards party was this, and was it ever confirmed in video or print?

a recent thread about jackass Scott Stapp comments on Bono reminded me of an issue at some award show a few years back. From what I remember, Andy Dick was also being a jackass and made a joke about Ali being on drugs, to which Bono threw his drink on Dick and walked away.

What awards party was this, and was it ever confirmed in video or print?

If he was wearing this at the time he deserved it.

bonoandydicksept6-01.jpg

:wink:

His last name is very fitting for the character if this were true.

Does anybody know what beach Bono and Edge were at in the R&H outtakes and in the pictures Anton took (in U2&i)? All I know is that they were out here on Long Island, but I'm really curious to know which of the many beaches it was.

Where in Ultraviolet does Larry drop a drumstick?

Not positive on this, but the beat audibly changes from 3:12 to 3:16, which could be accounted for by the dropped drumstick.

Paul McGuinness' angry rants about Radiohead could also be explained by a dropped drumstick.

As for the drink-throwing, I recall reading it was water- not guiness, too bad. As for time frame definately 2001 or later. I cant believe i would have drempt this up, despite BVS's confidence in my imagination. I just cant recall where i read/heard/saw this

As for the drink-throwing, I recall reading it was water- not guiness, too bad. As for time frame definately 2001 or later. I cant believe i would have drempt this up, despite BVS's confidence in my imagination. I just cant recall where i read/heard/saw this

I remember seeing Andy Dick on Conan O'Brien's show back when I first got interested in U2 -- 2001 or so -- and Andy said that he had offended Bono. He didn't go into specifics about what happened, though.

U2 3D Question

Forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere and/or if this is in the wrong spot, but can someone kindly help me out with a U2 3D question:

What song snippets were played in that movie? (ie. Aside from the official track list.)

I have yet to see it, but as a die-hard U2 fan was embarrassed to not be able to answer the "what song was that?" question from another person who just saw it. And they assured me they know all the officially listed songs and it wasn't one of those.

Thanks in advance.

I believe the only snippets in U23D were When Johnny Comes Marching Home and The Hands That Built America, both in Bullet the Blue Sky.

The bigger question is, of course, why you haven't yet seen the movie? That's more something to be embarrassed about.
;)

The bigger question is, of course, why you haven't yet seen the movie? That's more something to be embarrassed about.
;)

I agree, but it wasn't for lack of effort. The nearest it ever played to me was 90 minutes away, and when I made the trek to see it, it was sold out that night. So I re-grouped and made the 5 hour drive to Cleveland to see it at the hall of fame and the theatre it was in was closed that day for a special event.

Damn my luck!

hi im interested in these things

YouTube - Bono Edge drunk Interview Amnesty Party 1995 The Kitchen, Dublin

U2 and things that make u funny besides alcohol :wink:

I know adam has lighted joint or two,and edge has eatad bad mushrooms
, but are there any other speculations about u2 using drugs (bono etc..)
on this video comentery some one claims that u2 were doing ectasy before pop?

Now im not blaming u2 for anything, i dont despite drugs if used at minimum an not being overused, but used for inspiration..

Im sure U2 smokes pot and gets drunk every now and then. As to the psychdelics, the only thing Ive heard is the edge on mushrooms.

But for gods sake look at Achtung - Pop, they were definitely on something. And in my mind that was their best period! Im sure they still use drugs (at least alcohol, which IS a drug) and it doesnt bother me if they do. Hell, if it means we get another ZOO TV, I'd want them to have a few more psychedelic trips :lol:

ok another quiestion:
on loventown tour there were couple gigs on stadiums.Does anyone have some video or photo of that.

thanx

Im sure U2 smokes pot and gets drunk every now and then. As to the psychdelics, the only thing Ive heard is the edge on mushrooms.

But for gods sake look at Achtung - Pop, they were definitely on something. And in my mind that was their best period! Im sure they still use drugs (at least alcohol, which IS a drug) and it doesnt bother me if they do. Hell, if it means we get another ZOO TV, I'd want them to have a few more psychedelic trips :lol:

Yeah, nah.

I have my doubts.

There are tons of threads about U2 and drugs; it's been talked into the ground. I think the general consensus is that they've probably tried it, but are most likely not currently doing any illegal drugs. This is based on the fact that they can talk coherently, aren't shriveled up like the Rolling Stones, and their lives aren't falling apart.

good call. I found this conan clip you speak of. It was champange. It sounds like it was about ali - asking if she was the girl in running to stand still. And Bono ended up apoligizing. He didnt say at what event this happend though.

YouTube - Andy Dick interview 2001

Good find! That must be the one I saw way back then.

There are tons of threads about U2 and drugs; it's been talked into the ground. I think the general consensus is that they've probably tried it, but are most likely not currently doing any illegal drugs. This is based on the fact that they can talk coherently, aren't shriveled up like the Rolling Stones, and their lives aren't falling apart.

This is true, I would say though that there is a big difference between smoking marijuana and using psychedelics and drugs that many of the "shriveled up" bands (such as the rolling stones) use such as heroin and cocaine. So, I dont think that is proof positive that they are not currently using illegal drugs. However, no one can know for sure and yes this topic has been talked into the ground so I guess we will just leave it with the fact that we dont really know what they do in their private lives.

ok one question:

YouTube - Blown Away Trailer

you do remember this movie right?(in had wowy and ishfwilf in it)
so,
my question is, was in any trailer U2 music instead of Bethoven?
beacuse im 99% sure that i saw also with the WOWY in it where the explosions begins

Back
Top Bottom