Random U2 Question THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2: A Diary claims he at least submitted a picture (if not an appearence) for the March '99 show. But i can't say I've ever heard of it before, or ever saw this picture

NEXT QUESTION: anyone have a copy of album cover Bono designed for the reissue of IMAGINE by John L?

I've found a bunch of different covers, even different reissue covers, and none specify which is the one Bono designed

johnlennonbonoautograph.jpg

bonoontheedge.jpg

Sorry I don't remember more of the story, but obviously it happened during an interview with Access Hollywood I guess.

Seems Jim Morrison used to frequent this hotel and Bono was reenacting
a Jim Morrison stunt. Bono climbed the ledge and said “I am the Lizard King ".

cool bonocomet. Did he autograph that one copy? or were copy's sold in the store like that? It sure would be trippy to looking through shelves of cds and see that one

Here´s a random question-does Edge drive his yacht himself or does he have a crew on it all the time?

I'm pretty sure that thing has a crew! But I wouldn't doubt Edge might want to get behind the wheel too :hmm:

marik I'm sorry I have absolutely no info about that image at all except that it seemed to match what you were looking for! I don't know the story about alternate covers, and if I had to guess I would have thought it was possibly a thing done for charity... like celebrities design a one-off cover, and it gets auctioned for charity. I never thought it might be something that was actually available to buy, but like I said, I have no idea!

And we wouldn't have a new U2 cd for years with Bono and Edge being stranded on a deserted island! Bad idea Edge, do not let Bono drive your yacht. Ever.

NEXT QUESTION: anyone know the details about the russian or ukrainian (i think?) young girl that Bono and ALi looked after and invited in their home? i'm not sure if they actually adopted her, but she was a victim of the Chernobyl effects, and Ali met her while doing a documentary, i believe....

You mean the girl Ali's the godmother of? She spent some time in Ireland due to a program for the Chernobyl children to have a holiday in Ireland, to get away from the mess and such.
I'm sure there's someone who'll be able to tell you more, this is all I remember.. maybe I'll have a pic somewhere for ya..

I believe Bono answered this question in a quote somewhere. I'll look for it.

Edit: Found it, hang on.

"It's quite a question," Bono says, "but there's no question mark on it. We took the question mark out because we thought it was a bit heavy with the question mark."

From U2 Into The Heart By Niall Stokes.

Bono and Larry support Celtic, they've said that in interviews... the other two, no clue.
And the Irish national team ofcourse, since Bono spoke up about Henry's hand of god moment and wanted a rematch like the rest of Ireland. They'll have fun while France plays like shit this WC.

NEXT QUESTION:

Anyone (Bonocomet) have any pictures of Bono + Edge's lunch box designs for the hunger/food bank charity they donated in NYC around Oct 2005?

Edge is standing by both of them here. Bono's is the red one with his nose and glasses sig, Edge's is the spiky silver one.

edgelunchfoodbank2.jpg

edgelunchfoodbank.jpg

Searching for Article

good day guys...

I was looking for the article from rolling stone where Bono talks about every album the band has come out with. The only thing I can remember about it was he talks about Atomic not being more of an album and he was frustrated by this....anyone know of a link to find it?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom