R+H preview- the Streets red screen enterence, fixed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
I'm trying to place which reading that i read the R+H red screen siloutte enterence for Streets, which was also used for the movie trailer, was actually filmed with no audience ina couple different takes. Can seem to locate the article or book. Anyone know more? or what city they filmed this part?

Wasnt that in Tempe Arizona? And the With Or Without You segment was re-shot right? It looks like Bono is lip synching.

:sad: lalalalala NOT LISTENING "it's a musical journey" was a brilliant spur-of-the-moment metaphor lalalala :sad:

(I can easily picture Bono not being pleased with BB King's initial reaction to When Love Comes To Town's lyrics and had them do numerous takes. Very easily.)

Rolling Stone, 1988, "U2 On Location", by Steve Pond:
"U2 is back onstage at the stadium, running through the opening moments of its show for the benefit of director Phil Joanou's cameras. This, the opening sequence of the still-untitled movie, is also its one staged moment: to make sure the band members' entrance onstage is effectively captured, the film crew will shoot the sequence again and again. ... They begin the sequence, entering one by one as the somber strains of 'Where the Streets Have no name' resound. ...Two formidable lightning boxes throw bursts of light across the stage, and Bono slowly walks on, waving to the nonexistent crowd. At the end of one take, he stops and steps to the mike. 'Listen, Philip,' he says to Joanou, 'I mean, what's my motivation?'"

This plus the false UABRS opening plus the pan-away during A Day Without Me plus the Boston edits plus the Slane chop-up plus the fucking line on the so-called Unlined Horizon plus stealing Coldplay's riffs plus the Lithograph Lies...GUYS: U2 manipulates us, those basterds!11!1 :sad:

that rolling stone article is exactly what i was thinking of. thanks.

Do we know if WOWY was taken from the dec 19 or dec 20 show definatively?

What are the Slane edits you speak of, wise one?

This plus the false UABRS opening plus the pan-away during A Day Without Me plus the Boston edits plus the Slane chop-up plus the fucking line on the so-called Unlined Horizon plus stealing Coldplay's riffs plus the Lithograph Lies...GUYS: U2 manipulates us, those basterds!11!1 :sad:

U2 manipulated me too! Damn you guys with your Street Mission crap!!!!!:angry:

I don't really care that some of the visuals might be fudged. The audio is different. I'd like to think the audio is legit. Got my doubts about WOWY though. It sounds too perfect. It has a studio like quality to it. The rest of the songs seem about right however; from listening to many many JT bootlegs the rest seem like proper representations of what they played each night.

Back
Top Bottom