Quiet on the news side...are you expecting some U2 news for Christmas ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
No news on the date of the Rose Bowl DVD release, no news on the 4th single, no news on S. African/Australian tour dates, no news on SOA...

Will we get some news around Christmas ? What do you think ?

I think we'll get some quotes from Bono regarding the new album when he turns up for the racing at Leopardstown on St Stephens Day.

The only thing new really is the announcement of the Artificial Horizon remix album being given away to U2.com subscribers.

I'd love for something to get meback in U2 mode again. I think the last few months have marked my biggest Interference hiatus in a long time, a long time.

I'm awaiting the announcement of the 2010 leg of the Annhilation Tour.

I'm definitely expecting news on what Bono sang underneath the Christmas trees, what they were having for dinner, what drinks they had and how long they were sleeping in on the Christmas holidays.

Um no. It's private time for them and their families. And it should be for fans as well. I don't need any U2 news for Christmas. There has been enough going on for the last couple of months.

I'd love for something to get meback in U2 mode again. I think the last few months have marked my biggest Interference hiatus in a long time, a long time.

Yes, it would be nice! Not necessarily looking with hands rubbing together on Christmas eve/day, and there certainly are enough other things as Last Unicorn said!

However, I think people as crazy as us are always looking for new things to bat around here, and are eager to see U2's next step!

I kind of feel you on the hiatus, as I have taken one of recent as well. I think its a combination of things. Alot of changes in life in general, and the fact that Horizon was my first experience with the blue crack pre release discussions!

In those days, early-mid 2008 and then again in early 2009, I could not get enough of this place, could not wait until I heard NLOTH for the 1st time, thought it was going to be something out of this world, etc. When I got the album, which I loved then and love even more now, I was underwhelmed. Not by the music, far from it, but I just did not see how all the anticipation and discussion here made it any different or better. I admit to not being as obsessed with what SOA will sound like, what the songs will be, etc as I was with Horizon, though I am certainly still eager to hear any news at all.

Its probably normal- your first pre album period here is probably the most interesting, then they kind of lose their cache after that?

Either way, just how I feel about this time vs last time!

We may hear something about a 4th single in early January..but with regards to SOA we will just have to endure more rumours, confirmed or otherwise, until around the end of February I predict. I reckon we could have a spring baby!

I think we'll get some quotes from Bono regarding the new album when he turns up for the racing at Leopardstown on St Stephens Day.

U2 make fans' Christmas as they reveal plans for their next album - News & Gossip, Entertainment - Independent.ie

IRISH rockers U2 have delivered a late Christmas present to their loyal fans this weekend by promising to release a new album by June.

Speaking exclusively to the Sunday Independent at Leopardstown Races yesterday, U2 frontman Bono revealed the band had been working hard on new material in the run-up to Christmas and are hoping to have a new chart-topping album on shelves before the summer.

Speaking about the upcoming release, Bono described how the band had been putting in the hard work in the studio in recent weeks: "We are working away and we have a couple of yearlings in the stables that could really turn out to be thoroughbreds in the future," he said.

"As a band you are always trying to work on new material and we had some unfinished material from the last album.

"I would love to elaborate a bit more but unfortunately it is a democracy -- and sure isn't that the world that we live in?"

One person who had no problem elaborating, however, was U2 manager Paul McGuinness.

The legendary music mogul described how the world's biggest rock group are confident of having the album released by June.

"I have heard some of the stuff the guys have played and, yeah, it is great. Bono is always an optimist but he seems confident of getting a new record out by the end of the next six months. They're talking about June. By that time we will be ready to go back on tour and I think that will give it a different flavour."

That's cool but no real surprise. I don't think anyone really believed they'd take a 6 month break and then tour the same album again. I always figured they'd have a new album out by the next leg. Hopefully they follow through with this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom