Question for those who actually experienced ZooTV & Popmart, not just watched the dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you kidding me? :lol:

No I'm serious. How do you know that "nobody in the world really gives a shit about any of this except the die-hard fans"? There could be plenty of casual fans out there who cringe at Bono's posturing. In fact there's probably more casual fans who hate this stuff than hardcore fans.

No I'm serious. How do you know that "nobody in the world really gives a shit about any of this except the die-hard fans"? There could be plenty of casual fans out there who cringe at Bono's posturing. In fact there's probably more casual fans who hate this stuff than hardcore fans.

Yes, Zoot, obviously not EVERYONE...I thought you would recognize the exaggeration there....but it's the die-hard fans that actually care enough to talk about it like this....

Interesting thread...

Was Bono's climbing of scaffolding during Boy and October cringe-worthy?

Was Bono's white flag waving during War cringe-worthy?

Was Bono's jumping into the audience during UF cringe-worthy?

Was Bono's lengthy and preachy speeches during JT and R&H cringe-worthy?

Add to that the above comments about ZOO TV, PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo and what do you have?

A front-man who has always done whatever he could to grab the audience's attention.

And guess what? It works! Even famous stars - including other rock acts - state that they can barely take their eyes off of Bono when he performs. And I dare you to say that you don't enjoy it.

So yeah, it can be cringe-worthy when sitting in the comfort of your living room watching the show on DVD while relaxing on the couch or Lazy-Boy.

But it's fantastic to watch when you are at the concert!

From my experience with "casual" fans I know that they are a lot more relaxed and tolerant when it comes to things like these. I've seen people singing and dancing after they saw U2:3D while "hardcore" fans were busy analyzing every step Bono took, trying to find out as many cringeworthy moments as possible.

From my experience with "casual" fans I know that they are a lot more relaxed and tolerant when it comes to things like these. I've seen people singing and dancing after they saw U2:3D while "hardcore" fans were busy analyzing every step Bono took, trying to find out as many cringeworthy moments as possible.

So, now I know who I am related to U2 : :yes: I´m a "hardcore" fan with a "casual" fan inside me!! :rockon:

:yippie:

Interesting thread...

Was Bono's climbing of scaffolding during Boy and October cringe-worthy?

Was Bono's white flag waving during War cringe-worthy?

Was Bono's jumping into the audience during UF cringe-worthy?

Was Bono's lengthy and preachy speeches during JT and R&H cringe-worthy?

Add to that the above comments about ZOO TV, PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo and what do you have?

A front-man who has always done whatever he could to grab the audience's attention.

And guess what? It works! Even famous stars - including other rock acts - state that they can barely take their eyes off of Bono when he performs. And I dare you to say that you don't enjoy it.

So yeah, it can be cringe-worthy when sitting in the comfort of your living room watching the show on DVD while relaxing on the couch or Lazy-Boy.

But it's fantastic to watch when you are at the concert!

i read this entire thread and was planning on typing the exact thing you posted.:D all these things are bono, he's an attention whore. on and offstage.

Back
Top Bottom