Question about U23D Yahweh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great ending to the film, but I STILL didn't want to leave when it was done :(

theu2fly said:
Great ending to the film, but I STILL didn't want to leave when it was done :(

same, i wanted to just listen to the album versions of the songs they were playing before/after the film

I absolutely adore the Yahweh version that's played at the end of U23D. I'd even go as far as to say that it's my favorite song with U2 at the moment. Not being able to listen to it when I want to is extremely frustrating. I cannot seem to find it anywhere. U23D is showing in my hometown at the moment, but I'm at my parents' place (in a smaller town), so I'll only be able to see the movie again on its last day of showing (which I will -- twice in a row!). The prospect of never hearing Yahweh again after that (that particular version) is killing me! :sad:

didnt find a video, but i do have an audio

zSHARE - yahweh.wav

I've tried to download that file more than 10 times now, from different computers, different operating systems and different browsers, without success... is it the exact same version that's played at the end of the movie? Has anyone else been able to download it?

The person who finds the song for me not only makes my day, but my entire YEAR (2009)! :help:

I believe the majority of the audio for U23D came from a soundcheck in Buenos Aires, although audio can conceivably come from all over the place (like... a mixture of three concerts for the same song). Same with video. I doubt any audio came from Melbourne, though, especially considering how much Bono's voice had changed between February/March and November/December.

I realize that it's most likely not a live version. Too me it sounds much too polished for that (I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying so). However, that's not why I adore the version so much. I don't care if all of it was recorded in a studio. All I want is to be able to listen to the song as often as I want to. ;) Although a bit off topic, that goes for all the U23D versions. Great ones! Even if U2 might never release a DVD (in 2D) that corresponds to the U23D movie, I wish that they'd at least release it as a CD, with all the audio.

yeah the audio is live but animation over it in the beginning....

at around 2:00 of this clip the same animation seen in the film can be seen here:

YouTube - U2- Yahweh

i can't seem to find the actual performance seen in U23D though...

The animation thats in the U23D movie (which was absolutely amazing and genius) was the same at the concert I went to. I love that kind of "sketchy" line drawing style. I also love the art they used from Keith Haring during Popmart. Just beautifully evocative yet so simple; Truly art at its best IMO.

I'm an illustrator (well....more part time these days) and I love that style, but can't replicate the looseness that it requires. I've tried but can't do it. My dream would be to have some of my work on the screen at a U2 concert. That would be really cool if they put out a call to all of their U2 fans to submit drawings of hearts or something and display it during one of their songs.

Oh well...one can dream.

Back
Top Bottom