proposed 2013 Zooropa reissue tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWanderer

The Fly
1040158.jpg

A proposed 2013 Zooropa reissue tracklisting, ensuring no overlap with the Achtung reissue box.

11758f.jpg

Bonus Disc 2:

1) some-new-unreleased-jam/demo-turned-into-real-song a la other reissues
2) an unheard demo (IGWSHA maybe?)
3) Numb (2002 Mike Hedges Remix)
4) Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (Soundtrack version)
5) Slow Dancing
6) Bullet The Blue Sky (Live Dublin 1993)
7) Love Is Blindness (Live NYC 1992)
8) Lemon (Bad Yard Club Edit)
9) Lemon (Jeep Mx)
10) Lemon (Lemonade mix/demo)
11) Lemon (Morales BYC Version Dub)
12) Stay (Underdog Mix)
13) Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)
14) Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix)
15) Numb (Video Remix)
16) The Wanderer (Soundtrack version)
17) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (it has to be given a proper home!)

Though I've Got You Under My Skin was a Stay b-side, seems silly to include it since it's not U2. More painful to not include In The Name Of The Father (7" Edit) since it's not U2, but it lives on in my mp3 playlist of the above.

And in an ideal world, there would be the above two disc set, along with a four disc set that has Dublin 1993 audio CD and a Inside Broadcast 1992 DVD. And it would be similar to the Zoo Box promo:

R-2698072-1297019899.jpeg

Zooropa has some of their best art design work, so let's hope whatever release comes out, it awesomely incorporates elements from era promos.

Zooropa$20Tin$20Australia$20$28Homepage$29$20A.jpg

U2-Zooropa-Condoms-156101.jpg

Zooropa_promo.png

Stay_alt_cover.jpg

u2zooropaeraphoto.jpg

nice list.

the real must haves for me would be

Bono on wanderer
Zooropa version of IGWSHA, Dead Man, Velvet Dress.

Bono on wanderer
Zooropa version of IGWSHA, Dead Man, Velvet Dress.

Even though they're mentioned in At The End of The World, I've given up all hope we'll ever hear the Zooropa versions of those. Bono on Wanderer would be the one I want most (and easily over the Soundtrack version, they rightfully cut the unnecessary verse).

Last edited:
Even though their mentioned in At The End of The World, I've given up all hope we'll ever hear the Zooropa versions of those. Bono on Wanderer would be the one I want most (and easily over the Soundtrack version, they rightfully cut the unnecessary verse).

Well, the song titles were on the cover after all! :up:

Line 2 - WAKEUPDE - Wake Up Dead Man
Line 3 - WANDER - The Wanderer
Line 4 - ISSMEKILLM - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Line 5 - ETDRESS - If You Wear That Velvet Dress

In 2013, I think it's more likely that they'll re-release Rattle and Hum for the 25th anniversary for that album. Sadly I think U2 are just lumping Zooropa in with Achtung Baby because they don't think the Zooropa remaster would sell well enough on it's own.

Truth is, we don't actually know how much material on Zooropa is just leftover Achtung Sessions stuff anyway. Maybe those 2 albums are even more synonymous with one another than we thought. I didn't know "Stay" was written in Berlin @ Hansa, but that's what Bono said in Pittsburgh before they played it. Or at least the song originates from there. I know there's a very early version of Wake up dead man on the Salome outtakes as well.

shave bono bald.

i bloody hope we get a decent Zooropa set (as I'm sure I moan about once every week I think, which is probably why my replies round here fade into the background these days :wink: ) but I understand that U2 aren't likely to put out anything more than 2 discs, 3 at the VERY most.

Any unreleased songs from the sessions would do me fine! As would the song whose titles are hidden in the album art but released later, and that's if they even differ THAT much from the final versions.
fuck remixes, I don't give a shit what some acid-soaked DJ thought Lemon should sound like back in 1993. the majority of U2 remixes from the 90s dated TERRIBLY, while (in my opinion) the originals didn't. Alternate mixes of the actual songs would be cool, though I doubt we'd hear anything like that.

In 2013, I think it's more likely that they'll re-release Rattle and Hum for the 25th anniversary for that album. Sadly I think U2 are just lumping Zooropa in with Achtung Baby because they don't think the Zooropa remaster would sell well enough on it's own.

to be fair, I respectfully disagree. if they thought Zooropa wouldn't sell well on it's own, then they'd be taking a right liberty chucking it in as part of a £100+/£300+ box set and saying "If you want a remastered Zooropa, you'll have to buy the Achtung Baby super-deluxe box at the very least"

Back
Top Bottom