Proposal for a 2012 15th anniversary Pop Remaster/release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd much rather see a 25th anniversary R&H (one of my favourites) before they do something w/Pop.

Unfortunately, I believe U2 considers both those albums (Pop in particular) to be unwanted orphans and I'm not getting my hopes up for much from either of the reissues when they happen.

I'd much rather see a 25th anniversary R&H (one of my favourites) before they do something w/Pop.

Unfortunately, I believe U2 considers both those albums (Pop in particular) to be unwanted orphans and I'm not getting my hopes up for much from either of the reissues when they happen.

Maybe, but they still play Angel of Harlem, Desire, and All I Want is You live from time to time...

I have that rubik's cube. i don't need this remaster!:wink:

I still have mine, it is on my desk at work. I had Edge sign his face on it. So mine has an Edge signature on it. So no remastering necessary for me!! ;)

Looking at the song listing for the thread. I wouldnt mind it, but there is no way there would be that many live DVDs. IF POP gets a special issue it will be like the other special issues (IE Boy, October, War, Unf. Fire). Two discs and one DVD maybe would be my guess and the DVD would probably be Mexico City. Moan and groan, but it is clear most U2 fans want redundent releases of material they already have. Look at the voting for the live CD on U2.com. :shrug: U2 and their management clearly know the fanbase.

I still have mine, it is on my desk at work. I had Edge sign his face on it. So mine has an Edge signature on it. So no remastering necessary for me!! ;)

Looking at the song listing for the thread. I wouldnt mind it, but there is no way there would be that many live DVDs. IF POP gets a special issue it will be like the other special issues (IE Boy, October, War, Unf. Fire). Two discs and one DVD maybe would be my guess and the DVD would probably be Mexico City. Moan and groan, but it is clear most U2 fans want redundent releases of material they already have. Look at the voting for the live CD on U2.com. :shrug: U2 and their management clearly know the fanbase.

Yeah, but I think the AB release has taught U2 and their management that the upper-limit we'll spend is higher than they thought. I expect more than 2 CDs and 1 DVD for all the future releases. Expect to drop at least $100 on each of them!

Niceman said:
Yeah, but I think the AB release has taught U2 and their management that the upper-limit we'll spend is higher than they thought. I expect more than 2 CDs and 1 DVD for all the future releases. Expect to drop at least $100 on each of them!

:(

Achtung Baby is considered one of their great albums. So it got special treatment. I do not expect that level of treatment for any other albums. I'm a bit surprised JT got as little as it did compared to this. But that was probably more of a product of what kind of bonus material they actually had to work with. I think JT is the only other U2 album that could support a release the size and price. Any other albums would not even come close. Of course I would buy them if they did, but I would also not vote for Crazy Tonight or WOWY on the fan CD, which it appears the fanbase would. :shrug: Even Achtung Baby, they had several pro shot concerts they could have released and did not. So POP would not get special treatment on that, it would probably be Mexico City unfortunately, if there was even a DVD with it.

^ yeah, i'm inclined to agree. while i'd gladly buy a super deluxe version of all the 90s albums (yes, even passengers) i doubt we'll get them just because of lack of demand. i'm not sure what the profit margin is on these things but considering pop might sell 1/10th of what achtung baby would, it might not be enough sales to make it profitable.

wait ignore this, i don't want to start a debate of how many records need to be sold of this stuff to turn a profit! :lol:

Achtung Baby is considered one of their great albums. So it got special treatment. I do not expect that level of treatment for any other albums. I'm a bit surprised JT got as little as it did compared to this. But that was probably more of a product of what kind of bonus material they actually had to work with. I think JT is the only other U2 album that could support a release the size and price. Any other albums would not even come close. Of course I would buy them if they did, but I would also not vote for Crazy Tonight or WOWY on the fan CD, which it appears the fanbase would. :shrug: Even Achtung Baby, they had several pro shot concerts they could have released and did not. So POP would not get special treatment on that, it would probably be Mexico City unfortunately, if there was even a DVD with it.

I don't expect $430 products supporting POP or ATYCLB, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see a $100 level. In fact, I'd be surprised not to.

All That You Can't Leave Behind is guaranteed the super-deluxe treatment. The band pretty much considers it their third masterpiece, hence all the tracks that were played from it on the last tour.

Many of the Pop tracks were born during Zooropa. Add "Hold Me, Thrill Me..." to the mix... and the Outtakes CD could have some of the earlier arrangements. Some of these had multiple arrangements.

Could be interesting to hear some of them: "HMTMKMKM", "Wake Up Dead Man", "If God Will Send His Angeles"

define "Remaster"

istock_can-of-worms.jpg

1st of all I'm sure you meant mastered and not remastered.

2nd, I'm 99% sure this is fake.

Last, even if it wasn't, what would be the point? It would sound just like my copy just look shittier.

Thanks BVS, MASTERED:)

Guys, i don't know if this CD-R is original or not, its impossible, but this particular item, if memory serves, was given for this guy from Capitol FM by a resident DJ in Los Angeles at the Libertine Bar on Sunset Boulevard several years ago whose friend produced it for the American market through Island Records, along with several other items. He promoted his album in the UK and so as payment he gave to him many rare advance items...

I bought other itens from this guy like Hold Me Thrill Me CD-R acetate, ATYCLB Promo CD-R, Passengers promo copy and much more...some of this stuffs i saw before on ebay...

Thanks BVS, MASTERED:)

Guys, i don't know if this CD-R is original or not, its impossible, but this particular item, if memory serves, was given for this guy from Capitol FM by a resident DJ in Los Angeles at the Libertine Bar on Sunset Boulevard several years ago whose friend produced it for the American market through Island Records, along with several other items. He promoted his album in the UK and so as payment he gave to him many rare advance items...

I bought other itens from this guy like Hold Me Thrill Me CD-R acetate, ATYCLB Promo CD-R, Passengers promo copy and much more...some of this stuffs i saw before on ebay...

Here's the thing, a true advanced copy would have been pressed.

Not many copies leave the mastering studios. A few might be burned for band members, but they're not going to be labeled like this, more than likely it would be unlabeled or labeled only in a way the band and higher ups would understand. Remember U2 had already been burned once before with the Salome tapes, they're not going to risk that again.

BVS, probably, but the sound from this CD-R is great (loud and clear), you can listen some different noises from the original album and more: some track are longer than original CD (ex: 0:02 min)....

Back
Top Bottom