Promenade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This song is brilliant. Brilliant I say! I have no idea why but I've basically ignored it for years now for some reason.......until I listened to it on my Ipod a few days ago.

Discuss!

One of my favorites on the album.

Turn me around tonight
Up through the spiral staircase
To the higher ground

:combust:

Wonderful. Why songs like this can't be written these days.

My favourite part :
And I, like a firework, explode
Roman candle lightning lights up the sky:heart:

omgggg..you guys are in my head!

One of my favorites on the album.

Turn me around tonight
Up through the spiral staircase
To the higher ground

:combust:

yes!

Wonderful. Why songs like this can't be written these days.

My favourite part :
And I, like a firework, explode
Roman candle lightning lights up the sky:heart:

YES!!!!! When he sings "roman caaaaandle" OMG....it's disgustingly good, really.

YES. Possibly the best moment in U2 music, ever.

yes....I agree completely DOL, it's up there for sure :)

:applaud:

Love it. I listened to it the other evening, and it just blew me away. It is possibly the best thing on TUF. :drool:

....coca-cola, football, radio radio, radio radio radio radio................................................................:drool: - one of U2's finest moments, a heavenly 2 and a half minutes.

A get chills everytime I listen to it, driving back from upstate...pitchblack, surrounded by trees, just me on the road, "Football, radio, radio radio radio"

:drool:

So good, I have always loved it...one i never tend to overplay though:hmm:

Because it's short, it's so frustrating how it ends....I mean the ending is awesome, the lyrics are awesome, everything is awesome in this song, but the ending just leaves you with that sick feeling that it's fucking over and now you have to press the back button again. :scream:

One of my favorite U2 songs, hands down.

Probably one of the finest sets of lyrics Bono has ever written. He's almost Springsteen-esque on this one.

Because it's short, it's so frustrating how it ends....I mean the ending is awesome, the lyrics are awesome, everything is awesome in this song, but the ending just leaves you with that sick feeling that it's fucking over and now you have to press the back button again. :scream:
That's cos it's the last song on Side 1, so you have to go and turn the LP over to Side 2, or just repeat Side 1....

Bono's vocal is one of his best.The bit in the second part where he sings " Oh, tell me, Cherry you dance with me
Turn me around tonight
Up through the spiral staircase to the higher ground." absolutely kis me. SO heartbreaking. I have listened to it regularly for 23 years and it still sends shivers down my spine everytime I hear it.

It's one of the best songs on the album and it's in my personal U2 top ten.

It`s not a very good song:wink:
Only joking.
It`s one of their best songs:drool::drool::drool:

I also get shivers everytime I hear it.
And I have never skipped it over when I play TUF album in the last 20 years:drool:

The part when Bono sings...I see you STARE...into the space , that`s just:drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer
p.s. TUF is such a masterpiece , it`s got the only Pride I can listen too and not get bored:wink:

p.s. TUF is such a masterpiece , it`s got the only Pride I can listen too and not get bored:wink:[/QUOTE]

couldn't agree more. for years, I have been tortured by live renditions of pride...I just can't fathom how they can keep playing it tour after tour after tour...I mean even for their own sanity on stage...I don't think I have voluntarily listened to pride for about 15 years straight. then the unthinkable happened- while in a "rediscovering" phase of TUF, I actually listened to Pride... and it was...well...kind of OK.

I still hate all live versions though...maybe some live versions from 1985-1987 are tolerable.

Earth, sky, scenery.
Is she coming back again?
Men of straw, snooker hall.
Words that build or destroy
Dirt dry, bone, sand and stone.
Barbed wire fence cut me down.
I'd like to be around in a spiral staircase
To the higher ground.

And I, like a firework, explode.
Roman candle, lightning, lights up the sky.
In cracked streets, trample underfoot.
Side-step, sidewalk.
I see you stare into space.
Have I got closer now, behind the face?

Oh, tell me, Cherry you dance with me
Turn me around tonight
Up through the spiral staircase to the higher ground.
Slide show, seaside town.
Coca-cola, football radio, radio, radio, radio, radio, radio.

Pure beauty...one of the most amazing, slower tempo songs U2 ever produced...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom