Post Your U2 Ticket Stubs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7495268008a10342345070l.jpg

Well it says £55 on the actual ticket for mine, and mines a GA too. But its green. :scratch: I saw people outside the stadium I was at selling red ones like yours as well...

I remember it coming to about £60 each cos of the fees.

It was 28 years ago today ...

I saw U2 on their 2nd (and first nationwide) US tour in March of 1981.

They had played Wolf & Rissmiller's Country Club in Reseda the night before, but I was living down in Newport Beach and didn't have a car, so I couldn't go.

The next night was in Anaheim which was a lot closer, so I was able to convince my roommate to drive his car. It was at a place called the "Woodstock Concert Theatre", of which I can remember little other than it being basically a dive bar/pool hall/Metal venue - complete with sawdust on the floor!

The gig was not very well-attended. Some lame inappropriate band named "Second Wind" opened. Guesses ranged from "a dozen" to "100 or so" - I'd guess somewhere in between, but to be honest I don't really remember the gig all that well so I don't remember how many people were there. Let's just say it didn't hold many people and there was a lot of empty room.

2 months later, KROQ had gotten a hold of "I Will Follow", U2 had extended the tour as a result and the band had come back to headline the 3,000+ capacity Santa Monica Civic (which I also attended). The rest is history. I'm glad I got to see them in the beginning.

3360594965_6f165cb82a_o.jpg

I saw U2 on their 2nd (and first nationwide) US tour in March of 1981.

They had played Wolf & Rissmiller's Country Club in Reseda the night before, but I was living down in Newport Beach and didn't have a car, so I couldn't go.

The next night was in Anaheim which was a lot closer, so I was able to convince my roommate to drive his car. It was at a place called the "Woodstock Concert Theatre", of which I can remember little other than it being basically a dive bar/pool hall/Metal venue - complete with sawdust on the floor!

The gig was not very well-attended. Some lame inappropriate band named "Second Wind" opened. Guesses ranged from "a dozen" to "100 or so" - I'd guess somewhere in between, but to be honest I don't really remember the gig all that well so I don't remember how many people were there. Let's just say it didn't hold many people and there was a lot of empty room.

2 months later, KROQ had gotten a hold of "I Will Follow", U2 had extended the tour as a result and the band had come back to headline the 3,000+ capacity Santa Monica Civic (which I also attended). The rest is history. I'm glad I got to see them in the beginning.

3360594965_6f165cb82a_o.jpg

I tried to edit this post to add this other image, but there's no editing button? :confused:

Anyway, I found a MySpace page about the Woodstock Concert Theatre and found this poster for the show therein:

l_42e40b2f55749f183beee088b4bd0dd4.jpg

Guess I should've bought one of those $3.00 pre-sales :doh:

(RadiOmusic didn't play, as I recall)

You could have saved $2.50! :lol:

(By the way you only have one hour to edit a post, then the button disappears)

Sicy, we've been to a lot of the same concerts! But I have so many tickets that they wouldn't all fit in one post! Plus most of them are not that interesting looking. I'll have to just pick the interesting ones.

stubspart1.jpg

only half of what I have... dunno where my other stash is. somewhere in my basement. i think thats 16 of my 30? or something like that.

I think i threw my Popmart tickets out about a year ago in spring cleaning but I should have kept them :)

I tried to edit this post to add this other image, but there's no editing button? :confused:

Anyway, I found a MySpace page about the Woodstock Concert Theatre and found this poster for the show therein:

l_42e40b2f55749f183beee088b4bd0dd4.jpg

Guess I should've bought one of those $3.00 pre-sales :doh:

(RadiOmusic didn't play, as I recall)

Yes, yes, U2 is all well and cool, but what about this Mike Gallo dude???? What happened to him!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom