Post U2 best live performances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Need2U2

Babyface
I know there are obvious ones in the Rattle & Hum Album/Movie, ZooTV Sydney and Superbowl. But here's a few that I thought are amazing and you may have not heard before.

This definitely one of the best concerts I've ever heard of U2, could very well be their finest. Bono voice is at rich as ever in this.

Listen to how he sings God Part II on here. Besides in Rotterdam in 1990. They haven't played this song since. I guess it's a tough song to sing.

Listen to the drumming from Larry on "Where The Streets Have No Name".
I just love how Bono sings this song. And we sings 'Trampled in dust' at 19:56.

And lastly "With or Without You". It's a unique version, especially how Bono sings at 1:24:07 - 1:25:24 - 1:25:57 - 1:27:44

U2 Live Lovetown Tour - 26th December 1989 Point Depot Dublin - YouTube

I love the drumming of "With or Without You" at 1:17 and Bono reaction.

U2 - With Or Without You (Live in Los Angeles, USA, 18.11.1987) - YouTube

Best live performance of Hawkmoon 269. Bono voice is powerfully rich in this. I wonder at 2:15 to 2:47 how high the notes were.

U2: Hawkmoon 269 - YouTube

Could very well be the best live version of this song, the ending is bone chilling.

U2 - All I Want Is You (Live from Mexico City) - YouTube

Imo best version of "Ultraviolet" and another gem for "With or Without You"

U2 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way) & With Or Without You (Washington August 16 1992) - YouTube

Another great version of "Ultraviolet", but with Macphisto singing it.

U2 MacPhisto ultraviolet light my way live - YouTube

Loved this just to see the sign language.

Ultra Violet - Zoo TV - YouTube

Another great version

With Or Without You (Live At Rosemont Horizon, 1987) by U2 - YouTube

Up there as one of the best version of "Bad", if not the best. At 4:40 and on is just wow.

U2 Bad one of the best live performances 1990-01-10 Rotterdam - YouTube

Legendary performance of these two songs. And the transition is seamless. With another great intro to 'Streets' with Bono singing.

U2 - All I Want Is You / Where The Streets Have No Name - YouTube

I'm sure a lot of you seen this. Nonetheless, it's the all time greatest opening to a concert.

U2 - Intro-Zoo Station (ZooTv) - YouTube

You have excellent taste, but I think (almost) everybody on this site knows these performances.

I disagree, in my opinion the best tv performance has to be until the end of the world from the brit awards 2001 after they got there lifetime award.

I havent got a youtube link at the moment

It was the performance that got me into u2 so maybe it just because its a special show for me

Bono was just the greatest frontman ever to walk on gods green earth in this performance.

He goes from the stage all the way round the rich vip sections to the very back of earls court to were the paying public are,climbs up on the barrier and they are literally going wild for him. All while this is happening the secruity are literally clue less its quite funny.

Still get goosebumps thinking about it!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fktil1dQlYc

There you go the full performance of one/beautiful/uteofw

U2 were so good in the atyclb era

Does anybody know why at the begining of one bono dedicates the song to craig david? He also sings some of craig davids song walking away at the end of one.

I was just persuming it was because craig david didnt win any brits and was nominated for almost everything that year(and the song he played was one :) )he also used the one tune for his single walking away.was bono just having a dig at him?

Elevation on SNL and UTEOTW on the Brits were both outstanding. I believe both performances were a key piece of U2 returning to the top in the mainstream. As for greatest ever? Well, SNL was in the States and UTEOTW was in Europe, so perhaps the best for each. The magic of each performance had little to do with the song, but the theatrics. Especially Elevation. No running around the studio jumping on tables, nobody talks about it 13 years later. UTEOTW rips the room apart anytime it is played

Holy shit that was 13 years ago.

That performance posted of Ground Beneath Her Feet is terrific as well.

Here are some of my favorite live performances.

This is one of the performances that introduced me to the band and it's one of my favorite songs. I love the energy and the innocence the band had in the early 80's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSLFilZZKs

I couldn't decide on which one I like better so I'll post them both. Same song. Different feel.
When Love Comes to Town with B.B. King
U2 - When Love Comes To Town Live in Sydney [HD - High Quality] Lovetown Tour - YouTube

And a gritty version with Keith Richards joining them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZgQZLTWRaY

Just a few of my faves.

Back
Top Bottom