PopMart "failure"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome!!! Now he'd be snippeting all of George's lyrics into songs and writing a polite, open ended letter to George begging him to love his band. Fuck George, nobody'd know who he was if it weren't for his two band mates.

What?

Maybe I was a little harsh to say "fuck George ". The guy did write some great songs, no denying that. But he was definitely on his high horse when he made that comment towards U2.

I like most of the Beatles catalog, but I think they're extremely over rated, and there were better artists in the 60s who don't get any recognition. They branded themselves very well. To act like such a purist is quite hypocritical on George's part.

Also, I've never heard any member of U2 punlically insult another artist. They have too much class for that. Noel Gallagher made an entire career from slagging other artists, and now he just seems like a desperate old fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I like most of the Beatles catalog, but I think they're extremely over rated
I don't like almost anything from the Beatles, but I don't think they're overrated.
They basically created every rock subgenre.

and there were better artists in the 60s who don't get any recognition. They branded themselves very well.
True, but that's key. They turned rock into a viable and popular musical option which in turn allowed future bands to have a profitable career.

To act like such a purist is quite hypocritical on George's part.
Yeah, I agree on that...

Also, I've never heard any member of U2 punlically insult another artist.
Did you know that their moms love Phil Collins music?

There were plans for second shows in Sydney and Tokyo that never came to pass. Neither went on sale, nor were they announced publicly. To the best of my knowledge, even though the tour itinerary appears to have a gap, there was no second show planned for Melbourne (or the idea was discarded at a very early stage, before tickets even went on sale). Keep in mind the stadium they were playing in Melbourne was much larger than the venue in Sydney.

Well, there was never a 2nd Sydney show planned, neither a 2nd Melbourne show

Yes there was a 2nd Tokyo show planned

Also, there was a 2nd Santiago show that never was :cry:
There were just 2 Buenos Aires shows, but due to high demand they added a 3rd one

popmart1.jpg

And once there was a Singapore show

SIngapur+2.jpg

Well, there was never a 2nd Sydney show planned

Incorrect. There was one considered for the 28th. If you dig through the very site from which you posted those images, you should find the document that lists it as an option.

POPMART Europe was kick-ass sell outs for most of the shows. The show itself was great too!!

The mistake U2 made with Popmart was that they booked the Tour before they had finished the album completely. As a consequence they didn't have enough time to rehearse properly and putting all the pieces of the show together in time. European leg kicked off here in Holland; the Popmart show ran smoothly and basically flawless at that point. I don't think you could say that Popmart was a disaster: U2 played a total of 93 dates at this tour.

Artistically the Popmart show was ahead of its time by using LED Screens for the first time in History. That's really something I like in U2 shows over the last 20 years; having the guts to integrate new technology into the shows. Only can say that I'm looking forward to the 2015 shows..:drool:

Back
Top Bottom