Popmart best U2 tour, Miss Sarajevo best song - according to Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
This was in the recent Irish Times feature on U2. Can't find it on the website...so you will just have to trust me.

It's interesting how the songs that I've heard Bono call his favorites (and the only ones he really likes, on some occasions) the most often are Stay, Miss Sarajevo, and Your Blue Room... all from Zooropa and OS1.

WTF BONO?

Your best Tour is ZOO T.V and you know it...your fav song is Stay (Far Away, So Close!), you've said that quite a few times...

Hmmm, I might agree with him there. Even though the setlists were still slightly static and Bono's voice failed more times than usual on a few occasions that was a very creative and exciting tour. They were all wearing their punk attitude pretty tight and pushing for more inventive stuff with no fear at all. They were really taking chances in my opinion. Miami is a nice example of that. Edge was singing SBS. LNOE-UTEOTW-NYD is one of their best live moments ever. Please was a highlight night after night. Streets had the extra ending. Gone and EBTTRT made a great statement of sound and attitude. There was the Lemon. Entering from the crowd. Mind blowing beginning with Mofo. Awesome costumes and a lot of irony. And a perfect final leg. Yeah, it might be my favorite tour as well. I certainly keep going back to that Mexico DVD.

Popmart? You mean that tour where they played a lot of the songs from Pop?

Damn right that's your favourite tour Bono.

I think an all out War between the POPMART and ZOO T.V supporters is gunna break out...

F UR LEMON POPMARTIANS...

WE GOT...WE GOT...

a handycam :|

Bono just liked showing off his opera skillz on the last tour :wink:

(And hell, if you've got them, why not show them off?)

I think an all out War between the POPMART and ZOO T.V supporters is gunna break out...

F UR LEMON POPMARTIANS...

WE GOT...WE GOT...

a handycam :|

:lol:

Hey, ZooTV is amazing, I honestly can't choose between that and Popmart. I think Bono's voice was stronger on ZooTV. Both were pretty innovative, both feature songs from my favourite albums.

To be totally unfair to PopMart, I think we often think of ZooTV as the more innovate monster of the two because the PopMart screen has been copied by almost every major band since then... including U2 themselves, on the Vertigo Tour. It doesn't look that impressive... until you realize a) how big it was (impossible to capture on a DVD) and b) how it essentially defined touring from then on, and how it was not just a stereotypical concert LED screen... it was the first concert LED screen.

ZooTV, on the other hand... well, no one has dared to directly rip that thing off.

Popmart was fucking great. I just wish I went to more than one as I was front row, so the video screen was pretty much lost on me. That and Helena Christensen and Christy Turlington spent nearly half the show standing right in front of me. Fairly distracting.

Miss Sarajevo is my favourite U2 song :drool:

Though to be honest I've always felt that it really belongs to Pavarotti. I'll never forget the first time I heard the live version in 1995 and got electric goosebumps when that monster of a voice kicked in.

Not going to see POPMart when it came to Melbourne is one of my biggest musical regrets :( I was just a casual fan then and in the end finances said no.

:lol:

Hey, ZooTV is amazing, I honestly can't choose between that and Popmart. I think Bono's voice was stronger on ZooTV. Both were pretty innovative, both feature songs from my favourite albums.

This is gunna sound really cheesey...but Bono's voice was beautiful when he sang Stay durning ZOO...

YouTube - U2 Stay (Faraway & So close)

gir_crying.gif

That is just to fucking good

I didn't see either ZooTV or Popmart, exams intervened in both cases. U2 seem to have timed their concerts around my exams, the dirty bastards.

Popmart was fucking great. I just wish I went to more than one as I was front row, so the video screen was pretty much lost on me. That and Helena Christensen and Christy Turlington spent nearly half the show standing right in front of me. Fairly distracting.
Wow!

Thats cool...I saw Christy walking in the City once! She is so pretty, even in sweats! I turned to my friend and said, "Hey, I think that's Christy Turlington!"

She didn't know who she was until I pointed out this poster in the School Library the next day
poster_98_large.jpg

Miss Sarajevo is my favourite U2 song :drool:

Though to be honest I've always felt that it really belongs to Pavarotti. I'll never forget the first time I heard the live version in 1995 and got electric goosebumps when that monster of a voice kicked in.

Not going to see POPMart when it came to Melbourne is one of my biggest musical regrets :( I was just a casual fan then and in the end finances said no.

Miss Sarajevo did belong to Pavarotti, now its Bono's song. It gave me chills to hear it live as well in 2005.

WTF BONO?

Your best Tour is ZOO T.V and you know it...your fav song is Stay (Far Away, So Close!), you've said that quite a few times...

I think show-technical it might be popmart. I remember that BIGGG screen etcetc. Then again i think performance-technical (voice, band etcetc) it is ZOO-tv or lovetown. Hard to choose between those two. I was too young to attend a show with thanks to my parents :) 12 at lovetown en 15/16 at zoo-tv/zooropa.

I remember bono's speach before stay at the elevation tour : "stay is maybe to most beautiful song we have been given"

Pop Mart, Bono, you mean the tour without a voice? :huh:

On the other hand: Miss Sarejevo :heart:

Not without a voice, but when i listen to popmart bootlegs compared with zoo-TV i find bono's voice stronger, more power. Popmart mexico imo sounds like hois voice is send through a sound-processor unit. I don't know how to describe it. Popmart certainly was a journey from mofo to wake up dead man. Lots of things on the big screen, the lemon ... So still thumbs up for Popmart, but with some doubts.

Then again I quite remember Popmart Rotterdam opening night (yes the popheart live ep) that still sounds very strong. Please still kicks ass ...

And yes Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue room are awesome songs

Back
Top Bottom