Pop is MacPhisto's swan song before his soul is claimed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, this is a great thread! So insightful. This is just another reason for loving this band of artists we call U2.
It's getting deep in here! I have some insights also, but mostly about the latest album and the drug addict /redemption reappearing as the theme of the album.
...but no time now at work

Alter egos are fun to play with, but to quote Rick James “there not the kind you take home to Mother”. Just ask Alice Cooper...he can tell you. The B-side single of “Pop” “Holy Joe” was a kick ass song.

The song was not called 'Pop'.

You're trying to refer to 'Discotheque'.

No, I am not refering to 'Discotheque'. The single released from the album "Pop" had two songs on it...A-side Discotheqe and B-side Holy Joe. Do you bridge-troll this web site constantly just looking for affirmation of your banality?

So MacPhisto = Ziggy Stardust = the guy from the Wall?

In fact Alice Cooper was the inspiration for the alter ego Ziggy Stardust. Iggy Pop was an influence as well. The only difference is Iggy was really the person he was onstage as he was off stage 24/7. It is a miracle Iggy Pop is still alive.

No, I am not refering to 'Discotheque'. The single released from the album "Pop" had two songs on it...A-side Discotheqe and B-side Holy Joe. Do you bridge-troll this web site constantly just looking for affirmation of your banality?
Damn, you have some issues. :yikes:

Pop had several singles released. I just wouldn't have refered to 'Happiness is a Warm Gun' as "THE B-side single of Pop”. I've never seen anyone refer to them that way, but you go right ahead.

Back
Top Bottom