Please Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the best Edge solos in my opinion as well.

Completely hypnotic. :up: I remember hearing it for the first time in my Walkman when I was walking down ultra-busy Yonge Street in Toronto. It just seemed like perfection--one of those moments when you just say "Man, this is so great."

Completely hypnotic. :up: I remember hearing it for the first time in my Walkman when I was walking down ultra-busy Yonge Street in Toronto. It just seemed like perfection--one of those moments when you just say "Man, this is so great."

The solo is one of those solos that when played live just silence the crowd and hypnotise them. :wink:

I first heard the song when I bought the "Electrical Storm" single. I was just getting into U2 and I knew I liked that song. It came with a DVD of things left of the "Best of 1990-2000" DVD. It had THE BEST live version of Please I've ever heard. I was in absolute awe. I remember just sitting on the floor in front of my TV with my jaw on the floor. I cried when Larry came in with the SBS drums. I've never heard any song like it before or since.
And I think the single version is the next best version--WOW. The orchestra MADE it!

I first heard the song when I bought the "Electrical Storm" single. I was just getting into U2 and I knew I liked that song. It came with a DVD of things left of the "Best of 1990-2000" DVD. It had THE BEST live version of Please I've ever heard. I was in absolute awe. I remember just sitting on the floor in front of my TV with my jaw on the floor. I cried when Larry came in with the SBS drums. I've never heard any song like it before or since.
And I think the single version is the next best version--WOW. The orchestra MADE it!

Yeah, which live version was it? I also think the studio version is very good, but just not as good as the live ones. :wink:

I would have to say that the studio version is pretty damn good as well. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom