Petition against u2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That article cites PJ's site being $40. Someone else in here mentioned it was actually $50 for newcomers.

PJ's "analog" membership (i.e. one where you get the physical Christmas single (6 months late) and a physical copy of their Deep fanzine) is $40 for people in the US, $50 for those outside of the US. U2.com does not make a distinction between US and non-US people, only for new subscribers and renewing subscribers.

The PJ site is out of date if they still mention the subscription cost being $25. I guess they aren't that quick to update their info...
If you go to their online store (the Goods section on the website) you'll see the actual prices for the memberships:
https://secure.pearljam.com/store/product.spring?sku=9008 (for the Analog Membership for non-US people)
https://secure.pearljam.com/store/product.spring?sku=9011 (for the Digital Membership)

ha, i saw that article when someone i follow (no one on interference and i'm not sure if they're even a u2 fan) tweeted a link to the article. it'll be interesting to see if other sites pick the story up too or what. if it gains enough press they might at least change things a little just to avoid bad press.

U2.com Subscribers Information - March 2011 - Announcements and News - Free Forum - U2 Community - Message Board

U2.com Subscribers Information - March 2011

Lead [-]

Admin

Numb
03/03/2011 05:38:00

Tags : None
We see that some fans are unhappy with the service at U2.com, we take the point.

Some issues raised hit hard, particularly about 'Duals' because a lot of work went into it. And it's fair to say that if you've been following the band continually since the very early days, you might have collected these tracks, but for everyone else, there's some great music here and we're glad to hear you're looking forward to receiving the CD.

Also, we'd like to clarify that subscribers are always first in line for tickets and our allocation is reserved to ensure we get the widest choice in a venue. We are sometimes beaten to the draw with news stories - that's because we have no choice but to only run confirmed information. We are the official word.

If we get a tour date or set list track wrong or mislabel a lithograph - genuine mistakes - we'll check and correct it.

But it's not satisfactory that U2 fans feel aggrieved. So we're going to investigate all of your concerns, including customer service.

We are always looking to improve the U2.com experience and the service we offer to subscribers as our recent live webcast from Cape Town shows. Thanks for your great response to that and thanks for raising these issues.

The U2.com Team

Some issues raised hit hard, particularly about 'Duals' because a lot of work went into it.

Really?

And the "well, not everyone has those songs," while correct, is irritating, because who are most of the folks shelling out for the paid membership?

Fans who already have 33 versions of those songs, that's who.

But it's good to see any response, when they could easily have just rolled their eyes and carried on.

i made a Radiohead playlist earlier today. let me just say, i'm worn out. i need a vacation. i think i should be compensated for my time.

Really?

And the "well, not everyone has those songs," while correct, is irritating, because who are most of the folks shelling out for the paid membership?

Fans who already have 33 versions of those songs, that's who.

But it's good to see any response, when they could easily have just rolled their eyes and carried on.

:up:

i'm quite looking forward to getting a properly mastered version of sunday bloody sunday f/ jay-z

I look forward to posting in the request thread

Yeah, the best kind of petition would be for people to just stop renewing en masse, but considering the numbers the fan club must have (I've never seen figures, but considering how huge U2 is around the world, I can only imagine it's a lot), I can't imagine that would have much impact.

Eh, I still see nothing wrong with piping up to say "You can do better than this."

That's what I did.

Signed it. For the cost of the subscription and size of the band, they should be doing more. A soundboard recording here and there along with the occasional contest isn't too much to ask.

I agree

No, no and no...

I didn't bash anything, maybe you should re-read.

No question marks.

And I don't eat hot pockets.

Three strikes, no soup for you.

Oh snap

I have to agree with Gvox.

I've not had any issues with the website, despite several moves. Some items did take a bit longer to arrive. And once, I wasn't sure if I'd get tickets in time for my trip to Ireland. But in reality, all worked out perfectly.

When the pre-sale code gave me crappy seats for a Chicago show, I was whisked away to a fantastic seat with a great view. And while I don't always get what I hope (like GA tickets to past shows), I have had good service.

I'm sorry that others have had poor service and I understand the frustrations. But some of the points seem a bit too specific. And asking for unreleased material may be a bit much. U2 controls their work very closely. As much as they may want to release some tracks, they may feel the quality just doesn't represent them.

My issue with the site is the value of subscribing does not out weigh the cost of membership.

My main complaint is that U2.com is really inconsistent. Sometimes they have some really great stuff for subscribers, and then we'll have a long dry spell with hardly anything. At times like that I feel like my money is being wasted.

I miss the band-made videos that we were getting around NLOTH's release; even though some of them seemed pointless, it was still cool to get something from the band (and Edge isn't even tweeting anymore, not that it's U2.com's fault). Right now I feel like the band is totally detached from the fans and from U2.com.

The live stream from Cape Town was excellent and U2.com should be doing that more often; if not for every show, then at least every few shows. And it would be nice to give subscribers a discount on tickets, at least 10%; that would be a pretty good incentive to sign up.

I don't have a problem with Duals because I don't have a lot of those songs and I don't really expect a lot from a fan club release.

Finally, if they don't want to change anything, then they should drop the yearly fee to $20-$25 or less.

yeah, my renewal is up in a couple of days, i'm just not going to bother renewing... it's pointless really... the freebies are rubbish, the forum is shit, i never go there, i miss the old blue original Zootopia (which was free!)

/end of old lady moan

$40 is generally right in the price point range that the market bears for membership to an internet site that delivers content, free mailings and advance ticketing privileges...why should U2's be any different?

Personally, I feel the U2.com website can be much better.

This point irks me the most:
2. Presales – For years many years U2 fans have paid for U2.com membership to get the first crack at U2 tickets. However that is no longer the case. Presale entry is now also available from a variety of sources including from certain credit cards, sports teams and other

(so if I'm a Blue Jays season ticket holder, I also get 1st crack at the tickets because the Jays play in the Rogers Centre? That's garbage to me.)

The worst of it for me is, this is where there is the disconnect between U2 - the band and U2 - the corporation. Despite the fact they are connected, U2 - the band probably don't really know what is going on with U2 - the website.

I renewed my membership again for 2011, and I had to question why I was doing this and for what purpose. There are no shows to buy tickets....I don't use the forums there.....I have the CDs more as collector pieces but nothing else......I check @u2 for my news......

I bought it because I don't want to lose my horizon status.....if there really are perks associated with that status, anyway.

All of which are salient points Mark..but playing devil's advocate here for a sec:

What if (and I'm pretty sure it's pretty possible "if") season tickets holders for sports teams are told that as a season ticket holder they get advanced cracks at other events that are held in that venue? In a way, the season ticket holder is probably one of the biggest contributors to two major items: venue infrastructure and player's salaries...so it stands to reason that they get some sort of break. We're "U2 season ticket holders" so to speak but there are other players in the bargain. I don't have a huge problem with a couple of the major entities getting some advance ticketing privileges, it makes a bit of sense as they are clearly not the average ticket buying customer. They're almost shareholders in the venue/team. (if you care to look at it from that angle). Similarly, we're "shareholders" sortof in our band, but again, we're not the only ones.

What if - and again, probably reality - when Live Nation approaches the Rogers Centre, Rogers says "ok - but we have advance ticketing deals with Blue Jays season pass holders and AMEX platinum cardholders so that's gotta be part of the deal" - well, they aren't saying that to U2 only, they're saying it for any live event that happens there. So it's pretty much out of U2's control. U2 gives us first crack at the tickets they have control over, and it's still well in advance of the general buying public. And I'm not so sure that there's enough seasons pass holders to even make a difference in a venue like the Rogers Centre anyways. A look at the pit at the Toronto show saw many many familiar faces: people from this forum, people we saw last tour, U2GTAers, so in reality, did all that many people actually get shut out because Blue Jays seasons pass holders got in ahead of the general public also? (I don't know, I'm asking sincerely..)

About the website: what if the opposite is true...what if U2 knows EXACTLY what's going on with the website at least in how they release info, drop tidbits about what's coming up, etc..and that's just how they want to do it to keep the mystique alive? It may be frustrating to us, sure, but maybe that's part of the strategy, to keep people coming back with little crumbs here and there? (*ok, that might be a stretch, but I find it hard to believe that they aren't well aware of the stuff that gets posted on their website.)

Just some counter thoughts..

For the record, I don't know who shared this petition with U2.com, but last year I started compiling a Word document with U2.com fails from 2004-2010. It includes website fails but also fanfire stuff. Would it be useful somehow to the cause?

I bought it because I don't want to lose my horizon status.....if there really are perks associated with that status, anyway.

If the next tour is an arena tour instead of a stadium tour, then yeah, that horizon status may really come in handy.

And this is why I doubt that I'll ever let my subscription lapse. When has U2 not done a NA arena tour after a NA stadium only tour?

That's a good point. There's a shiny new arena within reasonable distance that needs to be used for more than Dave Matthews and monster trucks (not at the same time, but that would be interesting).

For the record, I don't know who shared this petition with U2.com, but last year I started compiling a Word document with U2.com fails from 2004-2010. It includes website fails but also fanfire stuff. Would it be useful somehow to the cause?

I would be incredibly grateful if you could post that here! :wave:

OK here ya go, created february 2010.

,The Ultimate U2.com fail collection!
Compiled by Galeongirl with help from various members of Interference

A lot of this comes from Interference, most is concentrated in these two threads. The rest is gathered in other threads and other websites that aren’t U2.com.
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...2-com-discussion-u2-com-re-design-189923.html
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...tificial-horizon-update-pt-2-a-196894-29.html

Fanfire:
Let’s start with Fanfire. Short summary: Fanfire sucks. The customer service is horrible and it happens WAY too often that people get the wrong product/size shipped and when they send it back it takes MONTHS to get the correct product, or they never get it. It also happened that Out of stock products weren’t taken off the site so you happily ordered something that you’d never ever receive and it would take ages until you get a notice about it.

Most of the subscription gifts are whack. The gift you pay 50$ for is always something we already have. U2communicationwith the audio from the Chicago DVD, U2ZooTvLivewith the audio of the ZooTv Sydney DVD, U2 live Elevation tour from Slane Castle audio+t-shirt, U2medium rare and remastered… It’s nice to have a backup of some audio previously only downloadable, so the last one’s not bad. But audio from a DVD we all already have? What a joke! And did anyone actually get their Slane t-shirt in the correct size? The remix album isn’t bad, but it’s mostly remixes that were already out. I’m still getting it for my presale code and the Crazy Tonight live remix tho. Just because I’m a sucker like that.
The one gift that nobody had, the one from 005, was a metal keychain plate that said U2.com member or something like it. Most members from the early days are still waiting for that one…

The sizing of the women’s t-shirts is also way off. Their XL is about the size of a medium in most stores. Pretty nice if you’re a bit larger, you won’t fit in the women’s tees and are forced to buy a men’s t-shirt!
When I was at the Paris show, I bought my tour t-shirts. For 30 euros. In Barcelona they were 35. Then, when I went to the Amsterdam and Dublin shows I was perplexed to find out the t-shirts were only 25 euros. On 5 t-shirts that would’ve saved me an entire t-shirt! Rip-off.
One of the t-shirts I bought was the Breathe t-shirt. A nice print and EDUN t-shirt, which is a bonus because it’s soft and good for the Africans and all that stuff. So I told this to a guy who wanted one but wasn’t sure if it was EDUN. He bought it later from the U2.com website. And received a regular, non EDUN t-shirt. Nice being consequent there fanfire.

Oh and can I add the shipping costs to Europe are outrageous? For a 100$ lithograph I had to pay 40$ shipping costs. That’s 40%! For a tube with a piece of paper in it that I already paid 100 dollars for. And may be just me, but aren’t U2 European? Why don’t they have their shop located in Ireland or the UK so they’re close to mainland Europe AND have easy access to the US? Why all the way over at the freakin’ WEST COAST of the US? Or why not one in Europe, one in the US(Preferably one more competent than FF, which shouldn’t be hard to find).

And then there was the lovely problem of the 2008-2009 renewal. There’s shitloads of trouble with the membership transferral, but that’s not Fanfire’s issue. Fanfire was supposed to mail everyone their new CD and ALSO to those who had renewed in November before the site was revamped. Which in some cases still hasn’t happened. They were rude and kept claiming people weren’t supposed to get the cd while an earlier email stated they were!
Here’s a short overview:
Dear XXX,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately when you signed up in November of
2008, the 2009 renewal gift was not yet being offered. If you choose to
renew in November of 2009, you will receive the 2009 renewal gift at that
time.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@U2.com or one of
the following numbers: 1-800-615-1324 or 1-916-350-2016. (Please be sure to
include a copy of this email in any reply.)

Sincerely,
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service
This is when u2.com prompted MOST people to renew. Right before their site went down for the transfer to the new website.
They responded:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the information you received was
wrong. Baja girl is not involved in customer service and does not know our
processes. An email was sent out to everyone from Nov/Dec saying NOT to
renew there fan club account and they would extend there membership until
the new offer was available. A request has be submitter to management;
however there is no guarantee that it will be approved."

Even though I just told them my account would have expired before those emails went out. Also because of their spelling errors I don't know if a request "has been" submitted to management or "has to be".
That is Baja, U2.com Zootopia’s main admin. Nice going there FF. No bad words about Baja here, she worked her ass off to help most people, and probably had to put up with shitloads of angry U2 fans. She helped lots of Interferencers, something which I cannot say about FF. Fan Fuckers.
Oh, and note the nice spelling errors there? Nice one guys, even Word corrects those out for you. :|

Early april:
“The CD is now in production and we expect shipping to our paid subscribers to begin in the second week of April. CD's will be shipped in order of subscription date, those who have been subscribers longest being mailed first.”
Uuh, no. It was sent out randomly. I signed up the day before the Dublin III presale and got my cd April 29. When some horizon members hadn’t even gotten theirs yet. Other Boots and Breathe members got theirs first too. And some people got doubles of either Slane or this cd. And those people suddenly did not get the new cd. Even though it was promised!

Problems Receiving 'Medium, Rare and Remastered' NEWS NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! MAy 22/09
Lead [-]

05/23/2009 05:54:05

Tags : medium
Folks, this just in, for immediate publication:

Problems Receiving 'Medium, Rare and Remastered'

Some of our subscribers have let us know that they haven't yet received their copy of 'U2 the problem and there does seem to have been postage delays in some territories.

This note is to confirm that if you are entitled to receive Medium, Rare and Remastered - which means you subscribed or resubscribed on or after 1 November 2008 - you will be be getting a copy in the post soon.

If you still have not received it from us by 15 June, fill out the CONTACT US form located on the HELP page: U2.com > Help - then select the 'Missing CDs' from the Topic list, fill out the other fields
then SUBMIT.

best wishes
The U2.com Team Medium, Rare and Remastered'. We've been looking into

WOO HOO!!!!! Told you they would come through!!!!

Baja
^ U2’s management FINALLY kicking some FF ass. Thanks Baja! GTFO Fanfire.
June 15, 2009
Hola

A quick note to tell people that we have been informed that some of you are getting an email saying that the Medium CD is out of stock. This is the first we have heard of this, and Admin was informed immediately and are looking into it.

So, if you have gotten the email, please know we are working on the problem, and we shall do the our best to keep you updated and get your gift CD's to you.

In other news, those of you that have not receive the CD yet, please use the CONTACT US form in the HELP page, and pick the CD option from the drop down menu. Due to the number of people that are trying to send their info in today, please be patient and if it does not work, try again later today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Baja
Note the date here. A grand TWO MONTHS after they started sending the cd. And fanfire is now fucking up even more. How much more fail can you get?

Then the next year, Artificial Horizon was announced in like… November? They started sending it out in the last 2 weeks of MARCH!

And to top it off, most subscribers received an email from Fanfire telling them their account is about to expire. While all those accounts had at least a year on them! Nice fail. (march 23)

Enough about Crapfire, more U2.com fails.
Zootopia:
U2.com’s lovely forum. Myself, I’m from Interference, the biggest and best U2 forum there is on the web. And a neatly organized forum with proper rules. Zootopia is nothing like that. It’s a chaos. The navigation is a drama, signatures are HUGE so pages take years to load.

U2.com itself:
The website is almost never up to date, the articles and most news bits are always late. Usually plenty of other sites have already picked up on something and U2.com is still in the blue. Also; the benefit of a premium membership? According to U2.com:
"on line tour coverage for subscribers includes virtual access all areas when the band are on the road: exclusive photography, reports and video from the show.."
Well, wow. That’s nothing you can’t find elsewhere, and they have only a few pics up every time. When I want photos or videos, Interference and U2start/Youtube are a much safer bet. And reports? I pay to read someone else’s opinion of a show? Whoop tee doo.
A quote from U2 fan Phommel, in reply to the above quote from U2.com:
“All these info I can find it everywhere and better on u2gigs, atu2, interference, u2tour.de, youtube, u2log etc. The website is never the first in announcing U2 related news, they show videos that are available everywhere, they publish wrong and incomplete setlists, etc, etc. Never an exclusive in-depth u2.com member exclusive interview or anything like that. Why is the band not communicating to their fans via what is supposed to be their fanclub/site? The only thing that is really appreciated (besides the access to presales) is the contribution of Willie Williams.”
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...izon-update-pt-2-a-196894-44.html#post6540936
He’s hitting the nail right on the head. What exactly are we getting for our money? Sure the presale code is nice, but to pay 50$ for the possibility of buying four tickets?

And speaking of premium member benefits. They provide you with ‘all U2’s CDs up for streaming’: The Sound&Vision section of the website. This should be the part where I would actually say something positive that they have all tracks up for streaming…. Yeah, I wish I could. It’s a bloody disgrace. Let’s make a list of everything that is messed up that could’ve been easily prevented.
-Boy’s track order is completely fucked up, the image you get when you listen to Boy is the Joshua Tree.
-War suddenly goes without its major single New Year’s Day and the epically awesome Like A Song…
-UABRS suddenly has a Best of 1980-90 image instead of Red Rocks. And it misses 11 O’ Clock Tick Tock, The Electric Co. and New Year’s Day.
-The Joshua Tree misses I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For(A SINGLE!) and In God’s Country.
- Rattle And Hum’s tracklisting is fucked up, lacks Van Diemen’s Land and again ISHFWILF.(Image didn’t load here)
-Achtung Baby does not open AT ALL!!!! You can click all you like, it does nothing.
- PoP lacks Discothéque, the first single!! And Please is suddenly named Please --.
- ATYCLB misses Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of, again a single. And Kite is named Kite _.
- HTDAAB has Love and Peace on 3rd spot instead of 4th, it lacks City of Blinding Lights, the BIGGEST single and Fast Cars. Oh and playing LAPOE crashes Bomb.

That leaves October, The Unforgettable Fire, Zooropa and NLOTH for albums that are actually correct. That’s 4 out of 13 albums they’re streaming that are the actual complete albums. Wtf U2.com?

2004-5:
- Vertigo tour presale failure.
- Sebastian being incredibly rude to U2 fans about said failure.
- Larry apologizing for said failure.

- 2005-07-09 - Paris: The printed setlist included Bad after ISHFWILF but it was not played; nonetheless, U2.com accidentally ran a concert review after the show claiming in the headline that Bad was played(and how special it was). This article was subsequently amended.(This Quote’s shamelessly stolen off U2gigs.com because I couldn’t remember the exact gig, text in parentheses added by me.)

- 10-12-2006: Getting hacked by BaGol. It was awesome, the site was black and green, Matrix style. Looked much better than original U2.com, much less fail.
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/u2-con-hacked-170123.html <for the lulz.
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3572/u2comhacked.gif < translation: Patch your site admin.

-
2009-10
- Renewal to New flashy website/membership2008-2009 transfer fail.
Getting the new site up took HOURS and ALL Zooropa content was lost(Not that anyone would want to be remembered about their awful forum, but still, how hard is it to back up posts, user data and pm’s?). It was also right before NLOTH came out. Great timing guys! And people with a dot or space in their username suddenly had an invalid character and couldn’t login anymore! LOTS of people had problems, the webmail wasn’t working and most problems were fixed days later, some even weeks. And even more brilliant? The account info for those who DID renew in November/December before the site went up, mostly Horizon members who had been a member since Propaganda, was lost. And what did they do to fix it? Post a message in the FORUMS. Yes, exactly, the forums you can’t get in if you don’t have an account. There was no statement on the main website, no redirection who to email, nothing. Most had to find out via other forums or through making a new account. At least the Zoo Admins and tech guys tried their hardest to fix everything, even with fanfire failing more and more and more.
On the positive site, most accounts were fixed and got their Horizon status back before the presales started.

With the presale not everything went right with the codes. People who renewed didn’t get a code because the code generator was ‘broken’. This was the night before a presale and brought a LOT of unnecessary stress onto people who wanted tickets for the show that went on sale the next day. Then, people who had legit codes suddenly got the red THIS CODE HAS BEEN USED message on their account. Another wonky error that took a while to get fixed. Oh and the presale emails. Some emails were sent a day after the actual presale it was about. And then there’s this: From youtube I got a message from U2Official(their official youtube account) that they would be webcasting the Rosebowl concert LIVE at 8pm, october 25. That’s great guys, but eh, you sent me that message on october 30.
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...izon-update-pt-2-a-196894-34.html#post6493979

The 2009-2010 renew gift:
Here's the full track-listing.

1. Elevation (Influx Mix)
2. Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix)
3. Get On Your Boots (Fish Out Of Water Mix)
4. Vertigo (Trent Reznor Remix)
5. Magnificent (Falke Radio Mix)
6. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live U2360 Remix)
7. Beautiful Day (David Holmes Remix)
8. Starting At The Sun (Monster Truck Remix)
9. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Danny Saber Mix)
10. Get On Your Boots (Justice Remix)
11. City Of Blinding Lights (Hot Chip 2006 Remix)
12. If God Will Send His Angels (Grand Jury Mix)
13. Starting At The Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Ambient Mi)x
The CD features 13 remixed tracks by some legendary names, stretching from 1997 to the present, from 'If God Will Send his Angels' to 'Get Your Boots On' .
[……]
If you would like to resubscribe now, to receive Artificial Horizon, as soon as it begins shipping in late January, your additional 12 month term will be added on beyond your existing term.
U2 > Sign In
StarTing at the Sun? Twice? That’s pretty sad. And Get Your Boots On? How hard is it to copy-past a SONG TITLE correctly? *facepalm*
Oh and note the date they say. Late January. It’s now February as I write this, and no sign of any shipped discs anywhere on the planet. Took till late march.

- 2009-08-18 Glasgow: U2.com's report on this show claimed that Mysterious Ways was played after One; it was not played at all. This error was finally corrected roughly a day later. (Quote from u2gigs.com again)
(After I emailed them btw. It took them over a day actually to take it out. I emailed the morning after the gig, it was fixed the next morning.)
- 360 Chicago Lithograph on U2.com is NOT from Chicago, but from 10-06-09 Atlanta. Website claims it is, in fact, from Chicago(September 12). Of course, this is another fanfire issue. There’s no big problem with a lithograph being from a wrong date, but the fact that they are SO proud to claim it’s from Chicago is just wrong. A fan specifically bought it(not to mention they cost 100$, yes, that is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS) because it was her first U2 concert ever and it was very special to her. Then she realized by Edge’s clothes that it could have never been taken that night. After a bit of comparing the background logos and outfits, the fans found out it was from the show in Atlanta. Fanfire has been contacted about this, but nothing has changed. Now the fan is stuck with a not-so-special Lithograph that cost her 100$. She put up her thread on Interference on February 8, 1 am my time. Another member sent a complaint to U2.com by 3pm. It has been fixed on February 9, 8pm. So it takes a day to fix a big mistake. And no word about their mistake, no apology, nothing.
Screenshot: http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1729/u2comfailure.jpg
Complete story: U2.com’s Chicago Lithograph Isn’t From Chicago - @U2 Blog

2010-02-16: Presale SLC:
Horizon - Presale Opens 10am February 18th
Breathe - Presale Opens 10am February 18th
Boots - Presale Opens 10am February 19th
Magnificent - Presale Opens 10am February 19th
(all times local)
Uh, no. Horizon 10 am, Breathe should be 3pm and Magnificent too. These minor mistakes are what makes U2.com fail so hard. There's FAR too many for them, and it's SO easy to doublecheck things.

that's really the best way to do it. instead of a petition, everyone band together and boycott when your renewal comes up.

I'm for the boycott idea, but it's easier to convince people to take a moment to sign the petition than to unsubscribe to something they paid a lot of money for.
I think a boycott would get u2.com to take a lot more notice, but the petition is just easier to get people on board with.
However, if anyone has any ideas how a boycott could be effectively organised, i'm all ears!

With the presale issue, I've never been clear about what kinds of tickets the venue or other non-U2 presales have available.

I've never seen GAs available in non-U2 presales, and it seems to me like it's extremely difficult to get GAs in the general sale, whether it's stadium or arena. Is that right?

I don't know what kind of seats/price levels U2.com presales have available, as I've only used them for GAs. Are they all ranges available? And how does that compare to non-U2 presales?

With the presale issue, I've never been clear about what kinds of tickets the venue or other non-U2 presales have available.

I've never seen GAs available in non-U2 presales, and it seems to me like it's extremely difficult to get GAs in the general sale, whether it's stadium or arena. Is that right?

I don't know what kind of seats/price levels U2.com presales have available, as I've only used them for GAs. Are they all ranges available? And how does that compare to non-U2 presales?

I personally know for a fact that BC Lions (CFL) season ticket holders were not able to access GAs during their presales for the BC Place 2009 gig. I had the opportunity to take part via a friend.

Yeah, ditto Seattle.

There was at least one other Qwest Field pre-sale email being passed around the same day we had the U2.com presale. I got my GAs easy, but I went to my coworkers and have them check availability out of curiosity as they shopped for their tickets. No GAs.

I was angry with the way the new fan club was set up and I refuse to join the fan club during the Vertigo tour. I still have my emails bitching back and forth with propaganda in 2001 during the switch.

I remember the anger over the pre-sale over the Vertigo tour, but I do not remember all the problems surrounding it. What did Sebastian say or do that upset fans?

Back
Top Bottom