Personally satisfied U2 "haters" get iTunes gift.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyH

The Fly
Is it just me, or has anybody else received some minor satisfaction in knowing some of the most hateful U2 critics are forced to remove U2 from their iTunes?

Yeah me too! Also can't help but find it amusing people get so annoyed about something so minor! So Apple dared to give you a FREE album? I mean how DARE they! :wink:

Is it just me, or have we finally just thrown all caution, convention and decorum to the wind in the number of threads that get started basically discussing the same damn thing?

:merge: (or something)

Sent from my ass crack

I’m not satisfied enough…I wish the album was pre-loaded onto everyone’s phones a thousand times so there is no room for apps.

I guess the premise of a world where everyone was forced to listen to the music I like was to good to be true. But yeah, it's pretty funny. I don't feel angry with the haters actually, just so happy that U2 is back and controversial as ever. I just hope they keep up the momentum and that at least one of these songs becomes an actual hit

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I’m not satisfied enough…I wish the album was pre-loaded onto everyone’s phones a thousand times so there is no room for apps.

:lol: they should have loaded U2's entire iTunes discography, but left the apps, except that whenever you click on any app it just starts playing U2.

i'm tellin ya this was a 90s U2 move, they're saying fuck you to the haters on this one

I don't get the bitching... it's not like you automatically get it downloaded in your itunes. :huh: You have to actually accept it with your account in order to start the download, so what the hell are people bitching about?

I don't get the bitching... it's not like you automatically get it downloaded in your itunes. :huh: You have to actually accept it with your account in order to start the download, so what the hell are people bitching about?

Depending on your ipad/iphone/ipod settings the album does just show up in peoples librarys.

My dad who hasnt got any u2 songs on his ipad saw that u2 were listed under the artists section without doing anything.

The albums on the icloud network until you have to pay for it so until then the album is on peoples apple products.

This removal programme should have been installed when the album was released so people could opt out. That way the press wouldnt have been all over the removal process today

The popular messages out there are in the comments on this page but you know what - I have heard these same comments for years. I hope it did get downloaded automatically to some peoples collection that really hate the band such as Henry Rollins.

Apple's one-click tool deletes unwanted U2 tracks - Technology & Science - CBC News

I find it funny that probably most people didnt pay for what is in their music collection on iTunes however are complaining about this free but legal gift.

so i was looking at the artists on my iPhone today, and there's a bunch I don't recognize. i even saw that a band I actively dislike, Umphrey's McGee, is on there, and i KNOW i never purchased anything from them. my reaction? mildly perplexed, i'll deal with it later

maybe i should make sure no one hacked my account :lol: but i know I used to download random free songs they'd offer YEARS ago so maybe that's what it is...my point is, I saw artists I didn't like show up on my phone, and my instinct wasn't to freak the fuck out and tweet about it. i was just like that's weird but w/e. so i really, really don't get the major overreaction here.

Is it just me, or has anybody else received some minor satisfaction in knowing some of the most hateful U2 critics are forced to remove U2 from their iTunes?

YES!! I laugh hard thinking about Henry Rollins waking up that morning and seeing that he purchased U2's Songs of Innocence. Or let me guess, he's so retro he doesn't have an iTunes account.

What satisfies me most is that the Haters have actually done more for raising awareness to U2's new album than the actual promotion itself. Well done haters, well done. Now EVERYBODY knows about the album and knows it will be released in physical form in October and more people than ever know who U2 is now. Had these dumbasses kept their mouth shut this would've come and gone and not much been made of it but nope, Haters doing work! :applaud:

It appears the "Hipsters" and haters are trying to create their own "more popular than Jesus" backlash, but their intentions are backfiring. Lol

Back
Top Bottom