perfect segues.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the Bad/Bullet combo's of Zootv were sensational.. sometimes with AIWIY in between
Then there were a few Bad/SBS/Bullet combo's. DAMN that was mindblowing listening to the DC boot the first few times!

Please-Streets is awesome from Popmart, OOC - SBS was sweet on Elevation those few times. October-NYD was sweet-as during JT era. ACD-ITH from the early years and of course ITABTAW-ADWM was bloody superb!!

Obviously the Dirty Day-Bullet combo is 1 of the greats as well... up there with Miami-Bullet.

My all time favorite? Well that has to be Desire-AATW Dublin 261289.

October-NYD was sweet-as during JT era.

I firmly maintain that for all the goodness of October --> New Year's Day, it is vastly inferior to the sheer under-rated awesomeness of October --> Tomorrow that was played in March/April 1983.

my favorite ever is bad-40-streets from elevation. i would still love to see them end a show with this.

i also really love running-dirty old town- times are a changin- nyd from new year's point depot.

discotheque-velvet dress- with or without you

It seems like most of the great transitions came out of ZooTV, and I think this makes sense. If they can pull off the magic of Bad--->BTBS--->RTSS--->Streets or NYD--->UTEOTW (see Sydney DVD...awesome), then I really don't mind seeing a more static setlist on the upcoming tour. I think we're more likely to see magical moments like this with a static setlist.

Dirty Day-Bullet-Running to stand still-Streets Zoomerang Sydney

Absolutely breathtaking.

I also lLOVE the Midnight is where the day begins seaque into With or without you.

Dirty Day-Bullet-Running to stand still-Streets Zoomerang Sydney

Absolutely breathtaking.

I also lLOVE the Midnight is where the day begins seaque into With or without you.

WINNER!!! :rockon:

Streets has to be the ultimate segue song. And the best segue into it for me was RTSS on the Zoo TV tour.

September 11th 1992 ZOO TV Ames, Iowa

All I Want Is You (Bono solo, acoustic guitar)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet
Running
Streets

Flawless.

i don;t know if its a segue, cause they stop playing for a sec, but walk on, and then applause , and then out of control. At the post 9/11 nyc show.msg. The story thier is, they wrote that song when they were 18, and never could have believed back then, they would be playing that song, at that event , 20 years later. Thats what i feel when i watch that. not to mention how moving the whole thing is to begin with. A soul searching event for hope, when it seemed to be none. Like u2 had played for over 20 years to arrive at the moment. Thats a mindtrip that rivals anything mentioned yet,. But another good one is , one , with that old song played after it. unchained melody. How about the segue between opening themes and intro> zoo station from that tour. Or love is blindness into i can;t help falling. Or elevation remix into elevation live.

Back
Top Bottom