Paul McGuiness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul McGuiness is:

• great for U2 and us on the forum

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • the man we should thank for why AB was recorded

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • the best manager ever

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • the man who dosnt care for the money, music first

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
My question is, "Why should we care about the band's manager at all?" Which would also be my response to this poll if it was an option. You don't hear about the managers of other bands ever, I don't understand why he has to be such a big deal with U2.

I'll give you that U2.com provides little value for the money, but you know what I did about that? I chose not to subscribe to the site! It's a novel idea, I know! Obviously others disagree, and they're quite willing to spend money on it. That's their prerogative.

:up:

Plus, the membership's value rises exponentially when the band is touring. I actually intend to get one when dates are announced.

My question is, "Why should we care about the band's manager at all?" Which would also be my response to this poll if it was an option. You don't hear about the managers of other bands ever, I don't understand why he has to be such a big deal with U2.

That too. How people can concern themselves with such minutiae to the extent that they hold a grudge against the band's manager for perceived slights is beyond me.

Plus, the membership's value rises exponentially when the band is touring. I actually intend to get one when dates are announced.

I did that for the last tour, and ended up with 2 GAs at face in the presale. It did benefit me in that way, but then for several other shows, I ended up with GAs at face by being resourceful. I'm debating whether or not to subscribe before this tour or not, but I'm leaning toward not bothering.

Also, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they implement some sort of strict pre-tour announcement cutoff for members to take advantage of the presale, in order to avoid scalpers buying multiple subscriptions, and getting multiple tickets. But who knows? It's a gamble.

That is if a presale code is included with joining or 'rejoining' this time. I'm a member and we haven't had any confirmation that there will be a presale code.

The change over to LiveNation and the launch of a new site has everyone a bit nervous. So, we'll see how exponentially the value rises. :slant:

..and even bald

It doesn't really matter to him as long as he has his money.

monopoly.jpg

Cartoon version of Paul Mc. :up:

Back
Top Bottom