Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1 Uber Box Set?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still, though, you have a fair point. The album obviously hasn't been totally forgotten. I think another Passengers song was used in some capacity... Theme From The Swan, maybe? I think it was used in one of the encore-intro videos.

Still, though, you have a fair point. The album obviously hasn't been totally forgotten. I think another Passengers song was used in some capacity... Theme From The Swan, maybe? I think it was used in one of the encore-intro videos.

It was used in one of the video sections during the show, maybe with the space baby??? I'm not sure.
Theme from The Swan is one of my faves on the album. I got in late last night so I put it on my ipod at 3am in bed, lying there in the dark with the cold rain pouring against my window, it was perfect.

There's only 2 things I dislike about this album: the cover art and Elvis Ate America... The rest is a superb fusion of eno/lanois soundscapes, at least 3 classic sets of lyrics (slug, ybr, and miss sarajevo), experimental beats and loops, and a superb rhythm section. Should Pop ever get the Super Deluxe treatment I hope OS1 to accompany it in an expanded (semi-) remastered fashion a la Zooropa w/ AB.

For the record I came to U2 via Eno's ambient work (much of it with Lanois) and production of Devo, Talking Heads etc. I was never a fan of U2 albums pre JT, and believe U2 create their best albums (both sonically and lyrically) when they recognize the need for re-invention and combine their rock/pop melodic structures and often superb wordplay with the abstract experimental masterminds of Eno, Lanois, Flood, Howie B et al.

In the case of OS1 they experimented hard and it so works for me.

stevenpk said:
U2 create their best albums (both sonically and lyrically) when they recognize the need for re-invention and combine their rock/pop melodic structures and often superb wordplay with the abstract experimental masterminds of Eno, Lanois, Flood, Howie B et al.

Never a truer word spoken. We've already got enough U2 albums, so the only reason we need another one is if it's completely different to what came before.

I would love a box-set of this. I'd like the band to be very experimental. Including the live version of Your blue room and Miss Sarajevo from the 360 tour is inevitable then!

Back
Top Bottom