Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1 Uber Box Set?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really love some tracks on OST1 - Slug, Always Forever Now, Your Blue Room, Corpse, Beach Sequence, United Colours. But I really hate some of the other tracks. And I'm really not a fan of non-Bono tracks (if I want Holi, I'll buy a Holi CD),

Unless they have some amazing leftovers (with Bono on vox) then they can keep that reissue to themselves.

I don't see why Passengers would get a re-release. U2 are, after all, remastering their complete back catalog. Of their own releases. And that does not include Passengers as it's quite obviously not a U2 release.

Galeongirl said:
I don't see why Passengers would get a re-release. U2 are, after all, remastering their complete back catalog. Of their own releases. And that does not include Passengers as it's quite obviously not a U2 release.

:(

You could send Brian Eno an email though, if he wants to resurrect Passengers. :wink: Then they can remaster their entire back catalog. Aka OST1. :wink:

Interesting how a simple post, which is on-topic (U2-related) gets some folks all agitated.

• Haters gonna hate. :shrug:
  • I likes me some Passengers. :up:
  • You (those who don't like it) don't have to like it. I'm okay with that. :up:
  • I don't expect that they will not put out a "Volume: 2" or a Deluxe with extras BUT if they did, I'd be interested. :D

For those who love Passengers, there is a cool Passengers collectible poster and 7inch vinyl on ebay to benefit the African Well fund.

That's the key. Passengers is meant to be a stealth project that not everyone knows about.

Which fits what U2 is doing lately. Between finishing up the Achtung B-sides, Baby tracks, WAIE, Spiderman, etc they are actually managing to put out a fair amount of material without the weight that comes with a "U2 album."

That's the key. Passengers is meant to be a stealth project that not everyone knows about.

Which fits what U2 is doing lately. Between finishing up the Achtung B-sides, Baby tracks, WAIE, Spiderman, etc they are actually managing to put out a fair amount of material without the weight that comes with a "U2 album."

Not really...none of that really ads up to much. The AB stuff is nothing, just touching up old songs, WAIE is a live EP, and Spiderman was a Bono/Edge thing. Most of that stuff is a year or two old, and wasn't done post 360, so I don't think you could say it's what their doing "lately." And certainly none of those things are "stealth" projects...far from it.

The fact is, we have no idea what U2 is going to do...and more than likely either do they.

Not really...none of that really ads up to much. The AB stuff is nothing, just touching up old songs, WAIE is a live EP, and Spiderman was a Bono/Edge thing. Most of that stuff is a year or two old, and wasn't done post 360, so I don't think you could say it's what their doing "lately." And certainly none of those things are "stealth" projects...far from it.

The fact is, we have no idea what U2 is going to do...and more than likely either do they.

Well, the AB tracks were done this summer, so they count as "lately" in my book. And Oh Berlin sounds like a completely new track built on top of old drum and guitar tracks (although I admit the rest are more "touching up" than actually writing new songs).

U2 played TWO Passengers songs during the 2009-2011 U2:360 tour? So they must have some possitive feeling about it. (Even if Larry doesn't)

How many did they play from:
  • Boy? 2
  • October? 1
  • War? 2
  • Rattle And Hum (studio tracks)? 2
  • Zooropa? 2
  • Pop? 0

Yes, I get it... some don't like it. Heck, Larry doens't like it. But that doesn't mean it completely sucks. Good to have a variety of spices in the spice rack. Just sayin'...

Back
Top Bottom