Our very own Axver at a secretive U2 event in Dublin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
U2360PRE; Ax is in Dublin! - U2gigs.com

U2360PRE; Ax is in Dublin!

Hey everyone, tonight U2Gigs contributor Axver is in Dublin, Ireland. He's not there on vacation; rather, he was invited to attend a special event. We don't have the full details at the moment (the time one difference has made Ax's texts a little confusing), but we do know that he was invited in part for his work on U2Gigs; and that other U2 fans from all across the globe have also been invited.

As for what this event is... we don't know yet. Everything is rather secretive at the moment, but we do know that it involves U2 in some way. The only other thing we know is that this event will begin in Dublin at approximately midnight local time; about 23 hours from the time of this posting.

Whatever it is, it promises to be an unusual event! We can only speculate what it will be, but we'll provide full coverage on our Twitter stream and on U2Gigs. We'll be using the hashtag #U2360PRE (U2360Pretend). Hopefully Ax remembers to keep his cellphone battery charged up!

Crazy stuff. What is happening?

The "Dublin, Ireland" thing is obviously a red herring. My theory: Secret gig at the Kunstmuseum. Believe. :pray:

Maybe it's something to do with the AB remaster? Announcing an album three months after wrapping up a massive tour would be extremely odd for U2, and nothing else seems quite major enough to justify a massive press conference like this.

I wasn't around for the Kunstmuseum prank (I saw the thread months ago), but I slightly think this is a prank for some reason. Hell, I really wonder what the hell is going on? Are U2 going to meet him, or are they going to play a private show for the "invited" fans? Play Achtung Baby in full? :hmm: :panic:

Looks like this is, in fact, a prank:
JimmyChevalier said:
thx sounds exciting. Tempted to get on a plane to Dublin!

U2Gigs said:
@JimmyChevalier Don't do that! It's a pretend event!

Also just realized that the hashtag for the event is U2360Pretend. Can't believe I didn't catch that earlier. :doh:

:hmm: Wasn't there going to be a screening of From the Sky Down in Dublin soon? There was an announcement on U2.com about it and something about subscribers in the area getting to see it.

Looks like this is, in fact, a prank:

Also just realized that the hashtag for the event is U2360Pretend. Can't believe I didn't catch that earlier. :doh:

I saw that earlier, but I don't really know how to digest that - except that well, it may be a prank. :wink:

But why would they specifically mention that the hashtag says "Pretend" if it was a prank? Isn't that self-defeating? When I read that, I thought they meant that they're going to do Twitter updates like there's a live show going on. But who knows; I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

godfuckingdammit. I was actually a bit excited.

At least this, uhh, rejuvenates Interference and U2Gigs a bit?

Wow, Dublin's changed a lot since I was there in 2009. Suddenly it looks an awful lot like Melbourne.

Or, y'know, about the only place I'm going is work. My actual work, in Melbourne.

My name may have been used, but I would like to state categorically that I had no knowledge of this until I logged on here, I have had absolutely no involvement whatsoever with this idea of Matkin's, this is apparently in response to people on Twitter requesting some sort of pretend funtimes post-360 concert (end of tour withdrawal?), and I have no intention of Kunstmuseuming anybody again. That's so February 2008.

I reserve approval or disapproval until Matkin clarifies his intentions. The only live music I'm attending this week is Mono. No U2.

Wow, Dublin's changed a lot since I was there in 2009. Suddenly it looks an awful lot like Melbourne.

Or, y'know, about the only place I'm going is work. My actual work, in Melbourne.

My name may have been used, but I would like to state categorically that I had no knowledge of this until I logged on here, I have had absolutely no involvement whatsoever with this idea of Matkin's, this is apparently in response to people on Twitter requesting some sort of pretend funtimes post-360 concert (end of tour withdrawal?), and I have no intention of Kunstmuseuming anybody again. That's so February 2008.

I reserve approval or disapproval until Matkin clarifies his intentions. The only live music I'm attending this week is Mono. No U2.

Maybe that's just what you want us to think. :crack:

Iwas sitting here thinking the dame thing. Maybe ax has the greatest poker face of all time .....naaahhh

Shall I take a photo of myself with today's copy of The Age to prove I'm very much in Melbourne? :wink:

Poker_Face.jpg

Axver said:
Shall I take a photo of myself with today's copy of The Age to prove I'm very much in Melbourne? :wink:

You don't think London sells the age?

No you're going to have to go in your back yard and pose with a koala and a kangaroo. Then I'll believe you.

European zoos totally have those-

... wait, I mean ...

My backyard has had too many secret U2 gigs. The 'roos and koalas are scared of the loud noises now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom