OOTS Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Okay, I seriously love this song. IMO, it is one of the most underrated songs in the U2 canon, and one of my favourites off of Bomb.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it reminds me of WGRYWH. Deceptively simple melody and lyrics, that sound poppy at the surface, but actually reveal a decent bit of personal conflict that U2 (Bono especially) have gone through, translating that into raw human emotion. Also, there are a six or so different OOTS versions (three studio, three live?), and seven Wild Horses versions (two studio, and I count five separate live arrangements), which gives me a feeling that neither song has ever reached its full potential (although the Killahurtz mix of OOTS and the ZooTV and Vertigo electric versions of Wild Horses come pretty close).

I :heart: it.

I remember when I heard Bomb I didn't like it. I thought there was something wrong with it. Actually, until two years back I really felt Bomb was kinda boring cause I didn't like COBL, Yahweh, MD, ABOY or OOTS. But back in 2006 I listened to OOTS and I started to love it. The "did it" part is so beautiful and Bono's voice is amazing. :heart:

Btw, now I think that COBL is 00's Streets and I think that MD is a beautiful song. Only Yahweh and ABOY still are pretty awful. Especially ABOY

Except for a few annoyingly vague lyrics, I pretty much love the melody, and I love how the song ends with "I want you some more". I turn it into my own romantic song to remember someone I knew around the time it came out.

I really enjoy this. Now I wouldn't have minded if "Get on Your Boots" sounded like THIS instead of Vertigo!

This and Miracle Drug are my favorites off Bomb and the only ones I listen to again and again.

good song could be great except for the bad lyrics that sadly get repeated

"I'll give you everything that you want, except the thing that you want"

frustrating to hear it and messes with the rhythm of what could otherwise be an all-time U2 classic

good song could be great except for the bad lyrics that sadly get repeated

"I'll give you everything that you want, except the thing that you want"

frustrating to hear it and messes with the rhythm of what could otherwise be an all-time U2 classic

Its "I'll give you everything you want, accept the thing that you want"

I think thats how it is. Its ACCEPT not except.

After the first time I listened to Bomb all the way through, OOTS was my favorite song. However, my love for it has gone down a bit. Now it's probably my 6th favorite, at best.

I think it's pure saccharine in the most irritating of ways, but it's starting to grow on me a bit. After years of hatred, I'm starting to enjoy it to an extent.

If it had fewer repeated lyrics, I'd really enjoy it. Still, the music is good and I enjoy it somewhat.

Its "I'll give you everything you want, accept the thing that you want"

I think thats how it is. Its ACCEPT not except.

Nope. I just checked the lyrics booklet to my British import. It's "except". Totally nonsensical common denominator jibberish.

I really love the song. I remember when the ipod commercial would come on TV with the live version I'd get goosebumps every time. :reject: But there is something about the melody that gets me. I'm a fan of HTDAAB and that song is one of the main reasons.

About time this song got some love!
It is by far the best song off of bomb!
The single version is better than the album, but the Live from Milan version surpasses even that!

A truly beautiful song.

Some of the lyrics aren't perfect but then again they are powerful.
I love the ringing Edge guitar parts during the "When you shout it..." part, really amazing and with the orchestra it lifts it to another level, a classic imo along with COBL off Bomb. :up:

I LOVE the song, it's my favourite song on the last album.

I'm always amazed at how little imagination some people genereally have when it comes to lyrics. There's nothing "nonsenical" here, the lyrics totally make sense. At least to me, as listener, and that's the most important thing.

I love OOTS. I combines the pop venture U2 were on and it holds some mystery to it. I think its the piano bit. Great pop song by a great band. Should have been the 2nd single.

This song got me "addicted" to U2, I even failed my math class that year because we were always listening to it (me and two friends, also "addicts", also because of this song). I remember when I saw it on mtv 0_0 (yes in holland only mtv played, not the dutch TMF). I then discovered that this band had all these great albums and here I am now.

The band's worst single misfire IMO. A song they would have knocked out in their sleep 15 years ago. Kind of schlocky and emblematic of the failures of Bomb as a whole.

Yeah, I don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom