One Tree Hill Star dating Bonos Daughter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
'One Tree Hill' star dating Bono's daughter

StarNews file Buy photo

Published: Monday, January 3, 2011 at 12:47 p.m.

I’m the local film reporter. Not a gossip columnist. Frankly, I could care less who’s dating who among Wilmington’s movie elite. Although, I’m sure they don’t think that.

But this story has so many Wilmington connections that came together in such serendipitous ways, that even I couldn’t ignore it.

If you’re a “One Tree Hill” fan and keep up with one of the show’s many unofficial blogs, you’ve likely learned that James Lafferty (Nathan on OTH) has been dating Bono’s (of U2 fame) daughter, Eve Hewson, since about the end of November. Bono’s real name is Paul Hewson, get it?

Even the Daily Mail is reporting on it.

How did a TV actor sequestered in little Wilmington, far from the lights and paparazzi of Hollywood, end up meeting a descendant of rock ‘n’ roll royalty? It seems it was one of those weird series of events that seem to happen only to Wilmingtonians.

My editor, John Staton, and I put our heads together and came up with a theory. Try to follow.

Back in 2007 Hewson acted in a movie called “The 27 Club” written, directed and produced by Erica Dunton, who has strong ties to the area. Part of that movie was filmed in Wilmington.

It’s possible she and Lafferty, who’s lived here since “One Tree Hill” began filming in 2003, either met through that production or through mutual friends with connections to the movie.

But here’s where it gets even odder. Dunton, whose dad Joe Dunton used to own a camera rental business here, was once hired by Bono to be a nanny for his kids. We can assume that would include Hewson, who is now 19 years old. Lafferty is 25.

And there’s more! According to those pesky Internet sources, Lafferty and Hewson were recently seen canoodling at a Wakey!Wakey!concert in New Jersey. Wakey!Wakey! is a band often featured in “One Tree Hill” and headed by Mike Grubbs, who has played a bartender on the made-in-Wilmington show.

So what does all this mean for you and me? Nothing. But it does kind of show that Wilmington might be at the far edge of the continent, but we’re still in the game.

and one more article:

By Aoife Anderson and Caitlin McBride

Monday January 03 2011

THEIR top-secret relationship was finally rumbled last week, but that hasn't stopped Bono's daughter Eve Hewson (19) and her actor beau James Lafferty from continuing to take their romance all over Dublin.

The Herald can reveal that the loved-up couple, who friends say have been quietly dating for "a few months", are regulars in popular Dalkey watering hole The Queens.

A source told the Herald the young lovebirds have been spotted in the pub on Castle Street, which is very close to Eve's Killiney home, several times over the past few days.

"Things seem to have gotten very serious between them very quickly because James has been in Killiney and Dalkey loads recently," he said.

"Any time I've seen them in The Queens pub together, they've been all over each other. They seem to be very in love and don't care who knows about it.

"James is an attractive guy so he stood out a mile when he came in the first time -- in fact people recognised him a lot quicker than they recognised Eve because of his role in One Tree Hill.

"She is a very lucky girl and things look like they are going great for them. James bought them a few drinks and seemed to be very attentive and affectionate.

"He was showering her with kisses a few days ago in front of all the other punters.

"Eve is not widely recognised in the area so nobody makes a big deal of her here so I think that is probably why she prefers going out here rather than into some of the more high-profile clubs in town.

"James seems to be constantly flying over and back to see Eve so they are clearly very smitten."

Another eyewitness spotted the young couple strolling around Stephen's Green in recent days where they also went for a brief shopping jaunt on Grafton St.

But it's only the best for a rock star's daughter, and she took James for a shopping trip in plush department store Brown Thomas.

"They looked great together although James is not as good looking in the flesh -- he is quite skinny and has very bad skin.

"They looked like any other couple in love but seem very ordinary. I don't think either of them have any airs and graces," she said.

The couple made headlines for the first time last week after James joined Eve and her family, including dad Bono and mum Ali, on a trip to the races.

The group were snapped at their private box at Leopardstown on the first day of the racing festival.

Lafferty (25) is well known here as he stars in the hugely popular US TV series One Tree Hill.

He is not unused to his love life being in the spotlight as he dated gorgeous co-star Sophia Bush shortly after her marriage to co-star Chad Michael Murray crumbled.

Eve's star is continuing to rise, having finished filming a role in This Must Be the Place alongside Sean Penn and Frances McDormand recently, and starring in a video for Dublin band The Script.

hnews@herald.ie

Wait not done: ^

He's the heartthrob who has won millions of female fans through his role as Nathan Scott in One Tree Hill, and she's the rock star's daughter who is set to take the movie world by storm.
Together, US actor James Lafferty, 25, and Bono's 19-year-old daughter Eve Hewson appear to be the perfect couple.
The pair, who have apparently been dating for the past month, were seen enjoying the Leopardstown Races from the balcony of their private box in Dublin, Ireland, earlier this month.

Loved up: One Tree Hill star James Lafferty and Bono's daughter Eve Hewson were seen at the races together in Ireland earlier this week

A source told gossip website JustJared.com: 'They looked adorable together. Eve kept whispering in James’ ear and they exchanged a few kisses.'
The website also claims the couple were seen 'making out' at a Wakey Wakey concert in New Jersey in November.
James and Eve are arguably one of the most adorable couples to come out of the celebrity world in recent years.
Smiles all round: James and Eve are said to have been dating for the past month

Daddy's seal of approval: James was invited to the day at the races by Bono (seen on the far left)

While James is still causing a storm as Nathan in One Tree Hill, a drama series which is currently in its eighth season, Eve can soon be seen starring alongside Sean Penn and Frances McDormand in crime thriller This Must Be The Place.
Heartthrob: James as Nathan Scott in One Tree Hill

And it seems James has already received the seal of approval from Eve's famous father Bono, judging by the photographs of them together at the races.
The U2 front man, 50, was joined by wife Ali Hewson and his brood who cheered on the horses from their box.
As well as daughter Eve, Bono was also accompanied by his two sons Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q, 11, and nine-year-old John Abraham and his 21-year-old daughter Jordan.

After a hectic work schedule returning home from a 5-week tour in Australia a few days ago, Bono enjoyed a well-earned break with his family at the meet.
With some of the group tucking in to wine and beers on offer the gang got into the festive spirit looking lively and spirited as they watched the races.
The rocker only just made it home for Christmas as the big freeze played havoc with his band’s travel plans.

Last week just days before Christmas, their plane was unable to land in Dublin and was diverted to Shannon, County Clare, over 130 miles away.

The rockers only agreed to the diversion on the provision that they could be guaranteed rooms at the luxurious Dromoland Castle.

The request was duly fulfilled and the stars were treated to a restful stay before finally heading home for Christmas.

article-0-0C98A2E3000005DC-120_468x286.jpg

article-0-0C989E76000005DC-699_468x345.jpg

But this story has so many Wilmington connections that came together in such serendipitous ways, that even I couldn’t ignore it.
How did a TV actor sequestered in little Wilmington, far from the lights and paparazzi of Hollywood, end up meeting a descendant of rock ‘n’ roll royalty? It seems it was one of those weird series of events that seem to happen only to Wilmingtonians.
...it does kind of show that Wilmington might be at the far edge of the continent, but we’re still in the game.

1. "So many Wilmington connections..."
2. "...one of those weird series of events that seem to happen only to Wilmingtonians."
3. "....at the far edge of the continent, but we're still in the game."

:doh:
1. Two or three tenuous coincidences are now "so many connections".
2. Suddenly no one else in the world experiences seven degrees of separation?
3. Keep telling yourself that Wilmington's "in the game" - it still won't make us any more relevant.

Cynicism for my local newspaper and hometown aside, I repeat my comments from Facebook last night when I was discussing Eve's new beau: how can I parlay this into finally meeting Bono???? :reject: :lol:

They are going to preview the full album on the final episode of One Tree Hill! :hyper:

My reliable inside source says that one of the main character dies at the end of this season, Eve makes a small appearance, and that the whole episode has snippets of every song interwoven into the episode.

It's going to be epic!!!

They are going to preview the full album on the final episode of One Tree Hill! :hyper:

My reliable inside source says that one of the main character dies at the end of this season, Eve makes a small appearance, and that the whole episode has snippets of every song interwoven into the episode.

It's going to be epic!!!

Oh no :tsk:. Please don't tell me I have to watch this dirge!! :scream:

Yeah i guess you do. Obviously, you were interested or else you wouldn't have posted.

Actually I post in a variety of threads. Some that interest me, some that don't. I usually post in the latter to show my disinterest. Which I just did. Way to prove my own point.

I reckon this thread would've been more suited for Bang and Clatter.

Facts and news stories are normally fine but we have a rule about discussing the bands'/kids' personal lives so its best this thread be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom