One, the greatest song of the last 25 years?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I had to choose a U2 song that would be in the running for a shortlist of the greatest songs of the past 25 years I'd go with either The Fly or Stay. I'm of the opinion that Stay kicks One's ass all the way to Jupiter.

Stay is an incredible song indeed! It is in my Top 5 U2 songs.. maybe Top 3. And the Zooropa album version is by far my fav compared to any live or whatever version out there.

That's Bizarro Universe U2...Bono wearing a hat and no shades and Edge wearing sunglasses and no beanie.

Lol, never thought of that.

I want Bizarro Universe for next U2 album title; complete with an album cover of Bono wearing Edge's beanie, Adam sporting some nice tinted sunglasses, Larry with Adam's ridiculous(ly awesome) hair-do and Edge putting on one of Larry's grumpy faces.

That goes for me too, along with Bad.

:up:

There is something ethereal, timless in it, despite its simplicity at the first sight. I´m in love with these songs deeply from the first time I heard it, it´s more than 20 years and it didn´t diminish a bit, there must be some essence of the whole universe in it.
:heart:

Bizarro universe U2 :drool:
I want Bizarro Universe for next U2 album title; complete with an album cover of Bono wearing Edge's beanie, Adam sporting some nice tinted sunglasses, Larry with Adam's ridiculous(ly awesome) hair-do and Edge putting on one of Larry's grumpy faces.

Yes. Bizarro universe U2 was fucking awesome. In fact Edge usually did have grumpy, or at least ultra-impassive face during this period. The whole damn thing worked, and Larry in Adam's Tintin quiff could only make it better.

:up:

There is something ethereal, timless in it, despite its simplicity at the first sight. I´m in love with these songs deeply from the first time I heard it, it´s more than 20 years and it didn´t diminish a bit, there must be some essence of the whole universe in it.
:heart:

There is. Esp the way it starts, so low and quiet and later turns into something quite different. :heart:

It really surprises me when I hear the studio version of WOWY, or the JT/RnH/Zoo live versions. Such a shame they've been butchering it since the start of this century. :(

It really surprises me when I hear the studio version of WOWY, or the JT/RnH/Zoo live versions. Such a shame they've been butchering it since the start of this century. :(

Don't forget about the Lovetown tour! ? There are some amazing versions there. The one from one of those Point Depot shows I have on MP3. It's the best version I've ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom