One{ Studio recording}

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in the studio version, from "and I can't be holding on" it becomes some of the greatest music I've heard ever...

the delivery of Bono, and the timing makes it even greater

The "One" studio version is obviously sublime, the highlight of Achtung Baby for the majority of fans and critics.

Inasmuch as Achtung is the pivot of U2's long career (in that it's the transition from the post-punk 80s band to the long-term survivors), "One" could in fact be seen as the keynote song of their career. We all know the story of this song's sudden emergence giving the group renewed focus and confidence.

Lots of nice live versions, especially for Edge's solos, but if I have to choose one I'd plug for the Achtung version as the best.

Sad Punk thanks for making me spray OJ all over my keyboard, your first comment was priceless...:wink:

I like the live better, I disagree that Bono has more passion on the studio version, or maybe the visuals of seeing him sing it live have resounded more deeply with me. Or maybe I should go listen to more studio than live U2, which I rarely do :lol:

That is my intention. I am urging everyone to find their dust-ladden U2 CDs

and again give a try to the studio versions . Or, if you can't find them, then

buy new copies. That's how our beloved U2 will chart up the ladder of all time best-sellers. :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Back
Top Bottom