ONE on American Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, but there were a few gushing about the song itself, so I enjoyed that bit :D

EDIT: I mean... what? Someone sang "One" on American Idol? :angry: I hate that show...

:shifty:

I just saw that too. I happened to be flipping through channels, and I heard Simon say Bono called him on Saturday or something. Can't say I liked the song, but then again, I don't like it when anyone sings One unless it's Bono.

true. and then Adam said "oh there are actually good lyrics in this song"

it was obviously the first time he probably even read or heard the song, and was like "oh, this is actually well written"

like I understand creativity and new directions to a song...but ONE was not even recognizable other than the lyrics which he was screaming out with none of the subtle passion that Bono originally put into it.

FAIL-2.jpg

YouTube - U2 One (ZOO TV Mix, New York 92 & Sydney 93)
^Just can't top it...

It was called U2, but it certainly wasnt.

the beauty of U2's One was that it was understated and sung in a way where it was about the poetry of the song. When you scream out the lyrics the song loses all significance if you ask me.

I just edited my post because:

#1: I know exactly what this shit it
#2: One is a thing of beauty, if it's not sung by Bono...it loses all of it's significance (Stealing ur word)...

Nuf said

He seemed to be channeling Mary J Blige's version of the song; screamy over the top One.

I did not enjoy it.

true. and then Adam said "oh there are actually good lyrics in this song"

it was obviously the first time he probably even read or heard the song, and was like "oh, this is actually well written"

like I understand creativity and new directions to a song...but ONE was not even recognizable other than the lyrics which he was screaming out with none of the subtle passion that Bono originally put into it.

Uh, he's said before he's a U2 fan. I'm fairly certain he's heard the song before.

Why hate on someone because they sing a U2 song?
"We don't want to be a cover band, we want other bands to cover us."
Maybe some people will discover U2 because they actually got some props tonight.....and I did not think it was bad. The crowd loved it and I always like it when U2 gets credit they deserve.

I didn't think it was so bad. He tried to do a Mary J......He's got a Robert Plant kinda rock voice.

Anywhoo.

ONE on American Idol = ROYALTIES

Let's not forget David Cook did ISHFWILF last season.

And Bono has appeared on Idol for their fundraiser.

ok that was harsh ill admit that.
but saying that "the lyrics are fabulous" was a stab at bono as a singer. who is 100 times a real singer than this guy can ever be.

:huh: What the fuck is your problem? Saying the lyrics are fabulous, means, *le gasp* that he thinks the lyrics are fabulous :ohmy:, or "amazing" or "brilliant" or whatever adjective one might use to describe the lyrics of a song they love.

In what universe does someone saying "the lyrics are fabulous" equal a slam on Bono's singing?

Because everyone already knows the lyrics are super shitty so clearly Adam was being sarcastic by saying they were fabulous? What?

You're insane. And irritating.

He seemed to be channeling Mary J Blige's version of the song; screamy over the top One.

I did not enjoy it.

I thought Mary J Blige was dueting with him until I realized he was on stage by himself. This was the first I've heard him sing, but I think his voice is really bad.

What's with the tongue? he looks like my cat when he's about to barf!

OMG who knew Adam fans were on a u2 site hahaha calm down, i think it was stab at bono as a singer thats all. now go worship your hero.
cheers

Ah...

I don't particularly like Adam (Although he seems like a nice guy...I don't rly watch American Idol). But he certainly didn't take a stab at Bono...:|

So according to ur logic...if I say, "Bono's lyrics are fucking amazing"...I'm taking a stab at him?

In what universe does someone saying "the lyrics are fabulous" equal a slam on Bono's singing?

Because everyone already knows the lyrics are super shitty so clearly Adam was being sarcastic by saying they were fabulous? What?

You're insane. And irritating.

oh please ,"irritating" ?? then go home if you cant take the heat.
now end it.

Back
Top Bottom