omg, so Proud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
I copied over my entire U2 discography to my GF's computer, and she has informed me that show loves POP. This makes her a true U2 fan. I am so proud. Took her to Foxboro, she is seeing two more with me this summer. I just wanna say that POP is one of U2's greatest works. Been discussed a lot, I know, but her telling me this has made me love the album even more. She loves Larry's drum loops in "Miami". An underlooked song

SMB

Liking POP doesn't make you a true fan, but loving Zooropa and thinking it's the 4th greatest album of U2's career does!!!

I love Miami.
Great song.

My ex loved The Unforgettable Fire, I was pretty proud I got her that far.

My ex couldn't tell the difference between U2 and Coldplay. We had to break up.

"My ex couldn't tell the difference between U2 and Coldplay. We had to break up."

:applaud::applaud::applaud:
HAHAHAHAHA I swear you made me laugh so much HAHAHA great post man!!!

Sadly, Shawn's enthusiasm and joy seems to have been quickly squashed by the usual suspects.

O.K., NOW she is a "true" fan. :sexywink:

I'm glad that your g/f enjoys U2. Was she familiar at all with U2 prior to you? Did she at least know the "classic" hits from the 80's and early 90's, or did she only know BD and "Vertigo"?

I once dated a girl who knew all the hits, liked U2 alot and then started discussing how Please and A Sort of Homecoming were 2 of her favorite songs ever!!! This was before we even were going out. I was impressed!

Don't think I ever got to asking her how she knew these songs, she had never seen a show, did not own the albums, etc, and God knows she didn't get the idea to download ASOH or Please from the radio, unless I listen to the wrong stations!

O.K., NOW she is a "true" fan. :sexywink:

I'm glad that your g/f enjoys U2. Was she familiar at all with U2 prior to you? Did she at least know the "classic" hits from the 80's and early 90's, or did she only know BD and "Vertigo"?

She knew of them. She wasn't really into them until she started dating me three years ago. She was a casual from then, up until the Foxboro show. Now she is a diehard, listening to all my bootlegs and CDs. She paws through my U2byU2 book from time to time. She even did a college project for her addiction class, using the song "Bad"

SMB

She knew of them. She wasn't really into them until she started dating me three years ago. She was a casual from then, up until the Foxboro show. Now she is a diehard, listening to all my bootlegs and CDs. She paws through my U2byU2 book from time to time. She even did a college project for her addiction class, using the song "Bad"

SMB

Nice. She's probably made more way through that book than I have so far. I bought it a few months ago for fairly cheap, but I've only made it a handful of pages in so far. It's so freakin' big! :p I think if I get at it in pieces though, I'll eventually get through it. I've already skimmed through a lot of it at the bookstores back when it came out anyway.

Pop's somewhere in the middle for me personally. I was actually on a kick for it last fall and even had a thread here going about it for awhile. Funny, because I failed to mention there that I was really getting into Wake Up Dead Man for the first.

Wake up... DA DA... Wake up, dead maaannnn... DE DE DEEEEEEEEE

Maybe my favorite part there.

Back
Top Bottom