Omg!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL...forum is huge not quite sure whats new and old yet, bare with me

First, welcome to the forum.
As for what's new and old, considering this story was told on a DVD of the making of The Joshua Tree that came out in 2000 or so (and that it might even be going round before) this is now ancient mythology. :)

But why it's being reported on some blog today, I don't know either.

Had Eno deleted it, maybe they would have kept the melody and come up with new lyrics...

sheep.jpg

While touring the North American Rocky Mountains, the mouflons above gripped Bono's imagination, leading to the epic album opener...

"Where the Sheep have no Names"!

As it stands, the live version is actually a combination of those two: Where the Shhtreets Have No Name.

Had Eno deleted it, maybe they would have kept the melody and come up with new lyrics...

sheep.jpg

While touring the North American Rocky Mountains, the mouflons above gripped Bono's imagination, leading to the epic album opener...

"Where the Sheep have no Names"!

Never, ever attempt humour again.

You know, one thing I've always liked about Canada is the lack of assigned seating when you go to the movies. In Europe, or in Asia, you have to find the correct damn seat by inspecting the ticket and then searching the numbered rows and aisles in the theater. So, SadPunk, if you ever want to visit Canada when I'm there, I'll show you a place... where the seats have no name.

You know, one thing I've always liked about Canada is the lack of assigned seating when you go to the movies. In Europe, or in Asia, you have to find the correct damn seat by inspecting the ticket and then searching the numbered rows and aisles in the theater. So, SadPunk, if you ever want to visit Canada when I'm there, I'll show you a place... where the seats have no name.

Just imagine how good the song would be if they had gotten it right.

;)

Another Classic numbers moment :camera:

Don't make me repeat myself, Chesty la Roux!

Back
Top Bottom