Old timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The purpose of my reply was finding out what the purpose of this thread was to determine wether or not I could participate in a discussion.

the thing i love is that all these younger bands, such as the killers and coldplay, seem to be waiting for U2 to just pass the torch, but they're not going anywhere!! :lol: :no:

their performance at fordham really sealed the deal for me as to their energy this time around - bono was just bouncing all over the place and adam on beautiful day? :ohmy: he was rocking out! :rockon:

Whenever there is a new U2 album, it gets a lot of airplay in my world.

However, rare is the time that I catapult an album this high. Usually there are songs I like and ignore the rest. NLOTH is up there and I'm very happy. I hope this remains.

Unfortunately, NLOTH is not that accessible of an album. It's not full of "Mysterious Ways" or "Desire" or "Pride" or "Beautiful Day" or "Vertigo" type of songs.

As a result, the album needs U2 to promote it.

And based on first week sales, that promotion is working.

Now, will radio kick in and actually play some tracks in BIG time rotation? After all, if "Viva la Vida..." could be a big hit, why can't "Magnificent"?

the thing i love is that all these younger bands, such as the killers and coldplay, seem to be waiting for U2 to just pass the torch, but they're not going anywhere!! :lol: :no:

:yes:

Brandon Flowers will be banging his head against the wall.

Back
Top Bottom