Old archived thread: "Anyone here see U2 on the Boy Tour or October Tour?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riot Nrrrd™

Babyface
Hello,

I was doing a Google search and came upon an old, dead thread on here so I can't reply to it.

There was a single post on that thread by someone named "STING2" that I wanted to rebut.

In that post he wrote:

STING2 said:
Chris,
You should have gone to the next show on March 16, 1981 at Anaheim CA, at a place called Woodstock. The place had a capacity of 400 but only 12 people showed up. That's right, 12 people. You could have been #13. Probably would have met the band after the show. But most people obviously had no idea about the show which is why there were only 12 people there.

Did you already own BOY at the time of the Reseda show that you had to listen to from the outside? Could you see anything inside the club? Did you go to see the next U2 show in Southern California which was on the October tour and took place on November 28, 1981 in Los Angeles CA at the Hollywood Palladium?

It is Urban Folklore that there were only a dozen people at that Woodstock Concert Theatre show. My roommate and I were 2 of them and I know there were a lot more than 10 other people there (less than 100, though - it was a Monday night, after all!). The Woodstock Concert Theatre was a cowboy bar in Anaheim, complete with pool tables and sawdust on the floor.

Also, the "next U2 show in Southern California" was not in November at the Palladium; it was at the Santa Monica Civic on May 13th 1981. I also attended that show (and the Palladium show as well) and still have my set list from it.

I had previously rebutted this - with images of my ticket stub and a poster from the gig - in this post.

So, STING2, if you're out there still ... you stand corrected :D

Last edited:
it wouldn't be the first time, that's for sure.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sting caught out bullshitting again?

It would be about the 5,0000000000000000000th time that has happened just since early 2008 when I found this place!

He's on my ignore list!

Probably the only one in these parts to ever have had an old thread revived to set something he said straight.

Sorry ... infrequent visitor here, didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest :reject:

Looks like STING2 hasn't been around since 2008, so I guess this thread is a waste of time.

(Who is "Strongbow" and why would I PM him/her?)

Strongbow is Sting2

He's changed his name many times in here...

Refer to Bono's channel surfing before Even Better Than The Real Thing on the Sydney DVD!

"The accent changes, but the script sounds the same to me!"

Riot Nrrd, don't get into it with him.

When called on his b.s., he plays innocent person focused on the discussion only, but he is a baiter and a troll like no other.

The mods find it perfectly ok that he continues to antagonize people who have chosen to ignore his posts, so I find it perfectly ok to tell you the truth about him.

He's not worth the time, you'll regret as I do and you will probably not be able to resist the urge to tell him off in a not very nice way.

Only one to ever make it to my ignore list........

The mods find it perfectly ok that he continues to antagonize people who have chosen to ignore his posts, so I find it perfectly ok to tell you the truth about him.
it's not cool for you to trash talk the mods as if we all just let certain people have free reign of the forum. it certainly doesn't help your case. there's no rule saying people aren't allowed to antagonize someone. if he says something in a thread you find out of line, then it needs to be reported. otherwise, please just let it go. thanks.

(Who is "Strongbow" and why would I PM him/her?)

As BVS said, STING2 = Strongbow. You could have PMed him to let him know rather than make this thread, as he doesn't often post in EYKIW anyway, but it's not as if you knew. I'm sure most people here don't keep tabs on whose alter is whose. :)

it's not cool for you to trash talk the mods as if we all just let certain people have free reign of the forum. it certainly doesn't help your case. there's no rule saying people aren't allowed to antagonize someone. if he says something in a thread you find out of line, then it needs to be reported. otherwise, please just let it go. thanks.

I am sorry if it came across as trash talking, did not mean for that to happen.

My issue with Strongbow centered on him trying to make his own forum rules and doing all kinds of reporting me as a troll, etc to the mods. It took a very long time for any of the mods to jump in and correct him. Every post I made was called out of line by Sting the self proclaimed moderator.

I have expressed my disagreement before, respectfully, with allowing people who have been ignored by a poster to continue to badger them.

I have also expressed my surprise and bewilderment that someone who has driven so many to ignore him over the years is seemingly bullet proof here. I am always told to "back off, you won't get anywhere with him."

I don't pretend to know the real issues behind anyone's warnings/bannings, etc and I certainly am not a perfect poster. My temper does get the best of me sometimes.

That being said, it just shocks me how some of my friends that I often disagree with respectfully like Diamond have been suspended multiple times while a much more widely antagonistic poster like Sting/Strongbow has never been touched. Everyone, mods included, seem to say "we'll never get anywhere with him."

Again, not trying to tell any of you how to run this site, I am in no position to do so in the 1st place, never mind after saying some of the inappropriate things I have said in the past.

Just giving an observation/opinion.

And respectfully doing so.

I have no real issues with how this site is run, and appreciate all the work the mods put in so that we may all discuss our favorite band.

Back
Top Bottom