Oh Jeez This Lady Again / Lola Cashman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel badly for her. She has the right to sell what U2 gave her if she had little money left over. These guys are getting precious about some memorabilia that she helped them pick out for their style -- as though that devalues their cultural worth or something? Hey, U2, your work over the last decade devalued your cultural worth, not poor Lola Cash trying to keep her standard of living.

U2 comes off as jerks from the whole deal, especially given the heaping praise Bono gives war criminals like Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Tony Blair. Maybe the rest of the band didn't endorse Bush and Blair, but The Edge has definitely shown up to celebrate that scumbag Bill Clinton. It just goes to show U2 will do anything for you if you have power.

Why would U2 care about what she did with her own stuff? They gave it to her.

I'm hesitant to bash U2 so severly but it sounds like what they did to her was was horrible. They sound like a bunch of greedy bastards here. They had no right to do that to her. Well legally they apparently did, not that anyone besides Bill Gates would have a chance in the court room against U2's endless heaps of cash.

Not sure what to believe here, but if what she said is true my respect for the band just went down a whole lot.

I think it's pretty much stated by court that she STOLE these items and tried to sell them on EBAY.

U2 won the case, they didn't ask any money from her. Obviously she needs some cash right now.

She's not stupid. What a great timing to jump on the U2 publicity bandwagon.

She really has the right name.

Sorry, I should have rephrased the title to Oh Jeez, not this story again.

Yes, I too feel very sorry for this woman.

It's just that right now there is an avalanch of exposing the awful truth about U2 along with the mere subjective bashing in other articles. The above article is just a reminder that there is a U2 backlash being forecasted-mostly being the band's fault of course-with the egotistical U2 Tower being built in Dublin to there Netherlands tax dodging to Bono's ubiquity in the media in the last eight years. Next, I expect Henry Rollins to do an expose documentary on the band.

I think it's pretty much stated by court that she STOLE these items and tried to sell them on EBAY.

U2 won the case, they didn't ask any money from her. Obviously she needs some cash right now.

She's not stupid. What a great timing to jump on the U2 publicity bandwagon.

She really has the right name.

So if one of your 15 year old room mates happens to have some of your old junk that means nothing to you lying around and tries to sell it on ebay for a price that is completely insignificant to you would you take him to court and throw an impossible case at him knowing full well that he'd lose? And then when he can't even afford a car not give him a passing glance? It's BS.

This stuff should mean nothing to the band. It's completely insignificant. So Bono loses a hat. He can order a million hats with his pocket money. I don't even care if it's his. He's being a prick.

I'm starting to think Bono is as big a greedy egomaniac as everyone has been saying. They guy has really been pissing me off lately and I can't find much ground to defend him anymore.

Yes, shart, I probably would, if it meant something to me. And the band has stated in court that it means something to them. It's not about the financial value, it's about principle. She has stolen personal stuff, that makes her a thief, and she has tried to make money out of it. Don't tell me that's right just because U2 are famous. If she needs money she should go and get herself a proper job. No, I don't think it's okay just because U2 have money. This case has gone to court and was decided in the band's favour - TWICE.

Plus, they use sound check time to discuss money???!!!! no wonder they have some off nights.

I don't care if they won in court. Unless Bono strangled someone he could beat pretty much anyone in court with his loads of cash and stardom.

And I'm having a very hard time believing that stuff was so extremely valuable to the band. It seems they didn't care about it too much until she was trying to sell it.

Whatever, some people believe what they want to believe. I don't think that Bono's (or anyone's) money plays a role in court, the legal system is beyond that. I don't believe U2 would have gone forward with the legal process if it was just some stuff they'd given to the woman 20 years ago. They stated that they didn't want to bring the case to court but were doing so because it was a principle thing for them to stop that.

I don't believe for a second that the timing of her new attempt to get attention is a coincidence.

The principle of it? So you're saying someone buying a U2 hat that Bono left lying around from 20 years ago would hurt someone in some way? If they were concerned with theprinciple of the situation maybe they would have just turned the other cheek and let it roll off their back instead of making it a legal issue.

I don't believe for a second that the biggest rock star alive should be going to court to keep an average joe from selling one of his musty old hats that he misplaced on ebay.

They said she stole the items. You say stealing something and trying to make money by selling the stuff is right? Or is ist only because Bono/U2 are involved? I hope someone does that to you one day then you'll see how funny that is.

I agree 100% with LU.

Furthermore, even without the details that LU spelled out for us, the band have earned a big benefit of the doubt from us. I'm absolutely sure that there have been quite a few other people over the years who have wronged or tried to take advnatage of the band, but do you see them in court constantly? The guys are very generous people, and really don't have a reputation for being petty or precious about much of anything. I don't get whi some people are so ready to believe the worst about the guys -- Bono especially. Don't we know what kind of people they are by now? Haven't they proved to us that they are basically good and kind folks? Come on people, really.

They said she stole the items. You say stealing something and trying to make money by selling the stuff is right? Or is ist only because Bono/U2 are involved? I hope someone does that to you one day then you'll see how funny that is.

You're right. In twenty years when I'm living a new life with my wife and children and see that my friend is selling my old baseball cap for 5 dollars, the first thing I'll think of is filing a lawsuit.

I didn't read this new article yet, (should I? Or is it the same old stuff) but from what I remember from before, they didn't file a lawsuit, she did.

Plus, they use sound check time to discuss money???!!!! no wonder they have some off nights.

That was the best part. :lol: As far as you can sympathize with filthy rich multi-millionaires, it's nice to see to see them rewarded for sound financial management.

Maybe some of you don't know Lola was not only an stylist, she was a friend and she was admitted within their inner circle, especially by Bono, but then something must have happened that Bono is not going to tell the public about and Lola isn't either, what makes me think it's nothing that shows her "candid" face. Lola wrote a book telling all kind of things about U2 private lives (I don't know if true or not, but that's not to the point) and trying to make some good scandal of them to get a best seller, she admits it in this very article, it was because she needed cash, and she needed cash because nobody in the entertainment industry wanted her anymore, not only U2, nobody.
My opinion is that this woman has made her own destiny, oh, how much she cried when she discovered the editor wanted to focus on U2, she thought he was going to focus on her? Oh, come on, this woman is just trying to live on telling tales on U2, just like she does in the article: "money check", and of course some people will immediately think she always tells the truth, just becase the others are famous and rich and nobody has ever acused them of anything serious. I hope all this kind of people who want to make a life telling intimacies of celebrities should get this kind of result. The problem is that ther's always a tabloid, or a tv programme where to appear because some kind of public like this crap.

^ I agree.. it isn't really to do with the memorabilia, she bit them by putting out a cheap and nasty 'kiss and tell' on U2 and they bit back with this legal case. Serves her right.

I couldn't support either side during the trials. I mean, they were both being right cunts.

Also, just getting back a few years here and talking about Lola's book. I managed to read most of it in one sitting, because the font is so huge (there are approx six words per page) so it's pretty easy to get through, but it's hella boring. Kiss and tell my arse. You just need to look at a damn photo to see that Bono's sensitive with his height and weight. Also you have to know a thing or two about common human vanity.

:rolleyes: This story again.

I love how so many people don't have their facts right and bitch The band Bono for this. Coincidence that these people are also regular Bono bashers?

First things first, Bono did NOT sue her.

Lola Cashman wrote a book, that was not authorized by the band, and tried to sell stuff she took with her on the JT tour on Ebay.

U2 sent her a statement about the book, that they were not happy with it.

Lola cashman sued U2. That means, the WHOLE band, NOT BONO.

U2 won the lawsuit.

Lola had to return the items, but was not fined.

Obviously she now needs money so she tries to play her victim role of the big bad U2 beast again. Sadly it seems like some people actually fall for it.

I love Lola Cashman :love: I too spent a couple of hours in Borders reading her book from cover to cover, and man, the story about Bono and the stilettos was fuckin hilarious... :lol:

:rolleyes: This story again.

I love how so many people don't have their facts right and bitch The band Bono for this. Coincidence that these people are also regular Bono bashers?

First things first, Bono did NOT sue her.

Lola Cashman wrote a book, that was not authorized by the band, and tried to sell stuff she took with her on the JT tour on Ebay.

U2 sent her a statement about the book, that they were not happy with it.

Lola cashman sued U2. That means, the WHOLE band, NOT BONO.

U2 won the lawsuit.

Lola had to return the items, but was not fined.

Obviously she now needs money so she tries to play her victim role of the big bad U2 beast again. Sadly it seems like some people actually fall for it.

:up:

Exactly.

And she went into probation after losing for the first time, they went to court again and she lost again.

I haven't read her book ... I'm sure I'm missing out big time on a really exciting and artistically great work of literature. But what is THAT about Bono having height issues? Oh no, say it isn't so. I would never have thought. I'm disappointed. What a shocking revelation. I don't think I can continue being a U2 fan now. :sad:

The shoe thing isn't as good as the members of U2 having physical fights about having the same underwear. Where's the fucking photos when you want'em? :grumpy:

:lmao: underwear fights? So do we find this in the fiction section? (I have never found a book store that even bothered to carry this book actually)

wait, physical underwear fights? That's even better.

I don't feel sorry in the least for Lola Cashman. Nor do I Believe everything I Read...in the papers or in her book. It is obvious that something happened during the time she was allowed into U2's circle and trusted to then be released from U2's employ and for U2 to take legal action against this woman. It was Bono apparently who wanted to hire her and he who tallked the others into bringing her on board. But she obviously wasn't to be trusted and crossed some lines. Most employees hired by celebrities sign confidentiality waivers as part of their employment and I am sure U2 has their employees sign them. For her to attempt to make a buck by writing a book or selling things she stole or was given, etc is her trying to make a buck off U2 and that's just not right. As long as this woman feels she can continue to drag her dirty laundry into court I hope that the courts rule in favor of U2 every single time. Maybe she will finally get the message and go curl up under a rock never to be seen or heard from again. I think she's dishonest and vile.

Back
Top Bottom