Oh Jeez This Lady Again / Lola Cashman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always had the feeling that she wanted more of Bono the he was willing to give. There is no one more vindictive then a woman scorned.

I agree. She actually sat in the court room and claimed she had a "special" relationship with Bono and as proof told a story that he tricked her into going on stage in LA and she kicked him in the balls and ran off the stage but he hollered for her to come back cause he loved her. That just sounded so creepy to me.

Dana

I honestly don't feel sorry for her at all. She fucked up.

And I'm not one of those people who think the band (Bono, in particular) are the 4 most perfect people in the world and can do no wrong. Simply not true (in fact, I think time's coming for Bono to have his ego put in check).

HOWEVER, it really pisses me off when people piggyback on someone else, cashing in on their relationship - not fair. It's the principle of the thing, really - she sold things she had no business selling, along with writing things about people she had no business writing about - all to somehow better her situation.

And it's not like U2 were some awful, hateful creature in this whole ordeal, either - all they did was send a letter requesting for her to give their shit back, but she refused. That's where she fucked up. I do NOT feel sorry for this woman...

This woman get what she deserved. There's plenty of signs showing that. People make their own destiny.

^^Ewww.. I'd forgot about her saying that. It's beyond creepy.
Kinda wish I hadn't read that, again. (no offense Dana :wink:)
She's only doing this, again so someone will give her a car or get her teeth
fixed. Now that's creepy, too.

I agree. She actually sat in the court room and claimed she had a "special" relationship with Bono and as proof told a story that he tricked her into going on stage in LA and she kicked him in the balls and ran off the stage but he hollered for her to come back cause he loved her. That just sounded so creepy to me.

Dana

omggggg!! :lmao:

I'm not gonna say U2 can do no wrong, it is kinda stupid that they cared so much about this (unless she really did steal the stuff). But I know from the sports world, pro athletes absolutely HATE it when collectors ask them for autographs so that they can sell the memorabilia on the Internet. They usually only give autographs to kids as a result. I'm pretty sure the same thing applies here.

Hilarious, yes, but made somewhat less so by the fact that it couldn't possibly have been true.

She says he needed to wear women's stilettos because he was meeting Springsteen for the first time and wanted to appear taller than his hideously miniature self. The problem with this is a) the band had met Springsteen many times before this, and b) Bono had been wearing high heeled shoes and boots since he was a teenager. He wouldn't need to "borrow" some women's shoes.

Oh dear, tacky. :down:

Lola Cashman strikes me as a hound for the £. Seems she is all about what she can gain from situations. People like her deserve exactly what they get.:down:

Hilarious, yes, but made somewhat less so by the fact that it couldn't possibly have been true.

She says he needed to wear women's stilettos because he was meeting Springsteen for the first time and wanted to appear taller than his hideously miniature self. The problem with this is a) the band had met Springsteen many times before this, and b) Bono had been wearing high heeled shoes and boots since he was a teenager. He wouldn't need to "borrow" some women's shoes.

Bono wearing women stilettos ... give me a break. The man can't even go down three steps without tripping. :lol: He would fallen over and broken his leg within the first two minutes.

But wait ... sexy boots ... :hmm: Next thing we'll hear is that woman saying she has the rights to U2's new single.

I'm not gonna say U2 can do no wrong, it is kinda stupid that they cared so much about this (unless she really did steal the stuff). But I know from the sports world, pro athletes absolutely HATE it when collectors ask them for autographs so that they can sell the memorabilia on the Internet. They usually only give autographs to kids as a result. I'm pretty sure the same thing applies here.

She did steal it. It was Bono's stetson hat, you know the one that was glued to his head on the jt and R&H tours, on the cover of Rattle and Hum?

I doubt he liked to see that trademark Bono item auctioned off.
Bono sure isn't perfect, and he most likely would've thought he lost the hat since he loses everything, but you just don't do this kind of backstabbing shite. :| Well, any civilised person wouldn't.

This woman get what she deserved. There's plenty of signs showing that. People make their own destiny.

Reading the article it did strike me that she must not have been a very good judge of character. Did her 'trusted' financial advisor abscond with all her savings when she was away? Did it say that? I mean COME ON!!! How could you possibly trust someone who was plotting something like that? How could you NOT see that about your FINANCIAL ADVISOR?????

:applaud:

The shoe thing isn't as good as the members of U2 having physical fights about having the same underwear. Where's the fucking photos when you want'em? :grumpy:

I remember reading in an article about Ms. Cashman's book. It was Bono and Larry who got into a fist fight. I also, remember thinking. "What was this woman doing, by hanging around, when the band members are taking their showers?" To me, this would cross the line, as their employee. Reason to fire her and not professional at all, in my opinion. If any of the band members were trolling about, when she was having her bath. They would have been sued, by the millions, for sexual harassment. She was also, ordered to return some photos, which belonged to band.

I know there are many ladies here and perhaps, a few gentlemen too. Who drool over Bono. I don't blame you. He is a very attractive man. But, If I worked for him. I would treat him as my employer and always, with respect.

Dana

I agree.....

You mean you wouldn't want to see him under the shower? :sexywink:

:lol:

Seriously, I also think that there is something dogdy about the whole thing. I guess she had a kind of sexual thing going on and kind of kept the clothes and stuff as a fetish.

But, If I worked for him. I would treat him as my employer and always, with respect.

This hits upon something that was really evident in her book: she had very little respect for the band, and her behaviour was unprofessional. Just to cite one of several incidents, there was the occasion when she "accidentally" gave Bono's room key to a couple of her very drunk friends. He happened to be sleeping in the room at the time and was majorly freaked out to find two strangers in his room in the middle of the night. He thought his life was in danger, but she seemed to think it was amusing.

I also don't think she's terribly bright. I mean, it was her own book, but she couldn't even manage to make herself look good in it. She came across as selfish, lazy and entitled.

sunglasses $10, a hat $20, desperately trying to live in the past because 20 years ago you worked with famous people who want their secrets kept $350,000

I feel badly for her. She has the right to sell what U2 gave her if she had little money left over. These guys are getting precious about some memorabilia that she helped them pick out for their style -- as though that devalues their cultural worth or something? Hey, U2, your work over the last decade devalued your cultural worth, not poor Lola Cash trying to keep her standard of living.

U2 comes off as jerks from the whole deal, especially given the heaping praise Bono gives war criminals like Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Tony Blair. Maybe the rest of the band didn't endorse Bush and Blair, but The Edge has definitely shown up to celebrate that scumbag Bill Clinton. It just goes to show U2 will do anything for you if you have power.

It depends on whether these items were truly given to her, given to her with strict limitations in place or whether she just "collected" these items during her time with U2.

If U2 gave her these items as gifts, she has every right to do with them as she pleases. In this case, U2 is erroneous and should step back. If they don't want the items sold to just anyone, they should make her an offer to buy back the items.

If the gifts came with strict instructions (i.e., you are not allowed to sell this or profit from these items) and she agreed to those terms, then she is in violation of the contract (even if it was verbal). In that case, U2 has a right to stop the sale. U2 should still try to buy the items from her though.

If Lola "gathered" the items (and interpret that any way you want) during her tenure with U2, and U2 was a bit unaware of her collecting habits, then they definitely have a right to complain. Some may argue that their wealth prohibits them from this, but I disagree. Just because I can afford something, it doesn't mean I want people "acquiring" it from me.

As I don't know all the details and it's a "she says" vs. "they say" deal, it's for the courts to decide. However, given Ms. Cashman's reputation and behavior, to me, she looks more the fool than U2. It definitely sounds like she's done some under-handed actions, otherwise U2 probably wouldn't care as much (or, if they did, this wouldn't have landed in court).

This hits upon something that was really evident in her book: she had very little respect for the band, and her behaviour was unprofessional. Just to cite one of several incidents, there was the occasion when she "accidentally" gave Bono's room key to a couple of her very drunk friends. He happened to be sleeping in the room at the time and was majorly freaked out to find two strangers in his room in the middle of the night. He thought his life was in danger, but she seemed to think it was amusing.

I also don't think she's terribly bright. I mean, it was her own book, but she couldn't even manage to make herself look good in it. She came across as selfish, lazy and entitled.

I don't blame him. I would have been freaked out too. Bono should have fired her on the spot.

Cashman's book is crap and I'm embarrassed that I spent the money on it. I actually threw it into my firepit because I couldn't even bring myself to keep the copy around, refused to lend it to anyone and wasn't going to sell it either. It was a quick trashy read and I didn't believe much of it. She's a skank.

Back
Top Bottom